Senior Manager, Business Architecture
Austin , Texas , United States
Posted: Nov 19, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200314944
The people here at Apple don't just create products - they create the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it! We are looking for an experienced professional to join our Process & Tools team, supporting products like Apple Card, Apple Cash, Apple Music and more. You will be building a new function within our team to serve as a center of excellence in business architecture, project management, process design, and partner communications. This role is full-time located in Austin, TX or Cupertino.
- Business Architecture
- Experience supporting business partners to design and align upon a future state business architecture considering business capabilities, roles and responsibilities, processes, systems, and data to support business goals. Demonstrate ability to understand the intricacies of our partner business processes, and support their ability to scale through the right future state vision.
- Experience and knowledge to help to drive business prioritization for short, medium, and long term planning horizons, then translate the path from a current state to the future state into a prioritized and aligned upon roadmap, and drive that roadmap to execution through projects.
- Experience designing processes and solutions with the right balance of standardization vs. customization to enable scalable support for partner teams with different business focus areas, but common capabilities.
- Project Management
- Exceptional project management skills and ability to lead large, cross-functional projects with multiple work streams to success. Use standard methodologies that set the bar for excellence in project management execution. Shown ability to lead complex projects to measurable results and drive course-correction as results instruct.
- Excellent people change management skills and processes, enabling projects to be more smooth, enjoyable, and ultimately beneficial to our partners.
- Process Design
- Experience improving partner processes by designing, documenting, and aligning upon processes that are streamlined, standardized, and reduce difficulties. New processes should enable business goals to be achieved at scale and the right level of quality, speed, and cost.
- Experience in process design by leading with the clarification and design of business needs first, remaining agnostic about technology solutions when appropriate until the business needs are adequately understood.
- Partner Communications
- Experience leading efforts through facilitation of venues with different types of audiences, including executives, core team members, business, engineering, and other extended team members. Experience tailoring the approach, content, and duration to fit the audience needs and keep the teams aligned at the appropriate level.
- Responsibility for designing and maintaining a "management system" for our numerous partner teams to intake requests for prioritization, and keep them up to date regarding our roadmaps, and where their requests stand for execution.
- Key Qualities
- Shown success in building a new function which sets the standard for excellence in team operations, and leading a team to achieve goals by supporting partners through partnership
- Leader who can navigate ambiguous and multi-faceted challenges across a diverse team of partners, driving alignment and transparency
In this role you will support a cross-functional team of Business Operations, Product, Business Development, Marketing, and other partners and to help them solve for complex problems and needs. You will work closely with partners such as our Solution Development and Maintenance Team, Engineering teams, IT teams, and others to jointly deliver partner solutions.
Education & Experience
Bachelors in Business, Engineering or a related field required. MBA or Management Consulting experience is a plus. Minimum 10+ years of professional experience required.