Join a great team where our residents and patients are at the heart of everything we do!
Sodexo is seeking a talented Part-Time Registered Dietitian 1 to join our clinical team at Nathan Littauer Hospital and Nursing Home in Gloversville, NY. Located ~1 hour northwest of Albany, this campus has a 74-bed acute care community hospital, an 85 bed nursing home and rehabilitation center, and outpatient services. This is an opportunity to gain and grow experience in clinical settings including skilled nursing & rehab, inpatient acute care, and outpatient.
This is a 16-24 hour/week position offering a flexible schedule
Sodexo offers full benefits, including medical/dental/vision and paid-time off to our part-time dietitians. We also offer credential reimbursement and reimbursement for Academy membership dues, in addition to other great benefits for our clinical employees!
Reporting to the Clinical Nutrition Manager, the Registered Dietitian will:
- Provide nutritional care to the long term care residents, acute carepatients and outpatient referrals as needed;
- Work closely with the ambassador program and the patient ambassadors;
- Demonstrate skills in establishing and maintaining standards of care;
- Be willing to work occasional weekends, primarily providing nutritional care to the acute care patients;
- Participate in test trays, food service audits, and patient satisfaction; and/or
- Interact with medical staff and nursing on a regular basis.
Is this opportunity right for you? The ideal candidate will have/be:
- A Registered Dietitian with certification in NY state;
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple priorities;
- Experience with the Nutrition Care Process and recent experience with electronic charting;
- A strong leader and have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- The ability to creatively problem solve, work independently with minimal supervision and make decisions while working within a self-directed and team-oriented work environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to make every day a better day for our clients and residents;
- A passion for driving and improving the patient experience for the population we serve; and/or
- Willingness to participate in various patient satisfaction initiatives.
Learn more about Nathan Littauer Hospital
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Sodexo is committed to providing working conditions and client services that are safe and healthy and will follow all applicable COVID-19 prevention measures, including state/local or client-mandated mask, testing and/or vaccine requirements.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Nutrition and Wellness positions in a variety of business segments, including Schools, Universities, Health Care, Personal and Home Health Services, and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Nutrition jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.