Full-Time Opportunity for an Automotive Technician – Stamford, CT
Stamford Location: 26 Elm Court Stamford, CT 06902
Hours: 2nd Shift
Duties: Ability to diagnose & correct mechanical problems in hydraulics, electrical systems, A/C, air brakes & bus mechanic systems. Operate buses on property and for road tests, also required to respond to service calls for breakdowns while buses are in service
- High School Diploma/ GED
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- A minimum of 3 years of heavy-duty fleet mechanic experience (diesel preferred). Specialized schooling may substitute for a portion of the work experience.
- The necessary skills and tools to perform general repairs to all Company vehicles & equipment
- The ability to quickly diagnose & correct mechanical problems, follow directions & work independently
- The ability to obtain a Commercial Driving License and P Endorsement
Minimum Compensation: $32.95/hour with Excellent Benefits! Employees ride for free on CTtransit buses.
Apply Now: Please visit our website at http://www.cttransit.com/Careers/ to view the full job description and apply.
***All newly hired CTtransit employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
CTtransit is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
CTtransit is the brand name of the eight bus transit systems owned by the Connecticut Department of Transportation and operated by various contractors. HNS Management Company operates the Hartford, New Haven, and Stamford Divisions of CTtransit, and, in 2015 assumed responsibility for operating most of the service on CTfastrak, the State-owned bus rapid transit line serving Central Connecticut. We are the second largest public transit system in New England with a total fleet of over 450 buses and over 27 million annual customers. HNS employs over 1,200 bus operators, maintenance employees, and administrative personnel. HNS management reports to the Connecticut Department of Transportation’s Bureau of Public Transportation.