Location: Rochester - New York
The Senior Field Support Engineer serves as a primary contact for Rockwell Automation's customers. They are focused on improving customer relationships by resolving commercial and technical issues. The Engineer enjoys a diversity of experience solving commercial and technical challenges independently and collaborating with a team.
- Responsible for effectively providing field services to support the installation, start-up, maintenance and operation of automation control systems & advanced manufacturing software applications, drive systems, manufacturing systems, industrial networks and the individual products which comprise these systems.
- Possesses specialized expertise in applying automation / process technology to specific industries such as Food & Beverage, Pulp & Paper, etc. and applications such as conveyors, packaging equipment, winders, paper machines, burner management, press control, etc.
- Ability to effectively drive commercial customer interface, project planning, project and/or site management.
- Ability to develop and implement preventive and predictive maintenance programs and provide expert level service to solve advanced problems relating to products, technologies and industry processes.
- Identifies opportunities for and leads efforts to re-use engineering pertaining to application solutions or technologies across multiple projects.
- Aspires to be a domain expert where internal and external stakeholders go to for help in solving customer challenges.
- Follows all company safety procedures and guidelines to protect themselves and others.
- Embraces Rockwell Automation's culture of inclusion/diversity/engagement.
Demonstrated experience developing applications and/or solutions leveraging Rockwell Automation hardware and software products.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future. Rockwell Automation will not offer sponsorship for this position
Travel as required and accessible if needed during off hours, weekends, and holidays.
Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, supporting customer needs with a high level of professionalism and excellence.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related technology driven qualifications.
- Minimum 8-10 years of engineering and field experience.
- Experience partnering with sales teams and customers.
- Experience indirectly managing a team of engineers and technologists.
- Financial acumen, ability to execute projects while meeting budgets.
- Experience delivering technical presentations to internal and external customers.
Key Performance Metric:
Total contribution to the business by providing billable work, proposal development, training, mentoring and leadership to others.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).