Location: San Francisco - California
Location: Cary - North Carolina
Location: Orlando - Florida
The Field Support Engineer serves as a primary contact for Rockwell Automation's customers. They are focused on improving customer relationships by resolving commercial and technical issues. The Field Support Engineer works on a variety of commercial and technical issues both independently and with a team. Other activities of the Field Support Engineer include but are not limited to:
- Provide customer support through the performance of on-site installation, as well as overseeing any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and systems.
- Serve as company liaison with customer on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects and instructs customers in the operation and maintenance of the system.
- Evaluate and approve operational quality of system equipment and participate in the establishment, measurement, and achievement of customer satisfaction metrics.
- Perform project management function for customer projects including needs identification, scheduling, tracking, and reporting.
- Demonstrate personal leadership for project engineering teams, contract employees, and project support personnel.
- Develop and write documentation as required (validation project plans, standard operating procedures, qualification summary reports, system audits, technical reports, traceability matrix, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to be consistently fully utilized on billable work.
- Provides services to Rockwell customers through embedded services, call out, and through phone/chat support to consistently meet utilization goal.
This position will require travel to cover assigned region/sub-regions, with
remote Support Services provided as required.
- Technical Degree in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology or related technology driven degree.
- 2+ years of engineering and field experience
- Legal authorization to work in the US. Rockwell Automation will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to travel to assigned Region/Sub-region and accessible during off hours, weekends and holidays
- Experience partnering with sales teams and customers
- Experience indirectly managing a team of engineers and technologists
- Financial acumen, ability to execute projects while meeting budgets
- Experience delivering technical presentations to internal and external customers
- PLC programming utilizing RSLogix 5, 500, 5000, FactoryTalk Studio software
- Studio5000, ControlLogix, CompactLogix
- PowerFlex products and applications
- Ethernet/IP, Stratix Switches
- Servo/Motion control
- Low Voltage PowerFlex Drives knowledge
- Medium Voltage Drives knowledge
- Experience with networks including EtherNet, ControlNet, and DeviceNet
- Application/Project experience utilizing Rockwell's Advance Software Packages such as Historian, AssetCentre, VantagePoint, and Plant/Energy Matrix
- Experience in Virtual Machine computing and Thin Client technology
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).