Location: Eden Prairie - Minnesota
Location: Mequon - Wisconsin
Embedded Software Engineer (Motion Control)
Rockwell Automation is the largest company in the world dedicated to industrial automation and information. Here, we connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to make the world more intelligent, more connected and more productive. From improving the production of medicines that boost human health to reducing waste in an oil and gas plant, the work we do changes how we live.
We truly believe we are doing things never before possible. And we need the brightest minds to help make that happen - the makers, the forward thinkers, the problem solvers. That's where you come in.
The Kinetix motion control team develops high-performance multi-axis servo drives designed to work within the Rockwell Automation Integrated ArchitectureTM. You'll join a team passionate about delivering world class servo drives and motors to our customers around the world.
This role reports to the Embedded Software Engineering Manager and is located in Eden Prairie, MN or Mequon, WI.
What you will do
- Requirement's analysis and design of servo drive algorithms such as ethernet network communications, low level peripheral and memory drives, display management, state machines, motion control algorithms, fault detection, safety subsystems and encryption.
- Embedded code development using C/C++ and modeling/simulation with Simulink.
- On-target testing of firmware using Python and/or PLC programming.
Skills you have
- Excellent analysis and troubleshooting skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to work effectively in a large, globally-distributed team
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physics or equivalent
- Up to 10% travel
- 3 years of experience with C/C++ programming and object-oriented design methods
- 3 years of experience with software development processes such as scrum/agile and CI/CD
- 3 years of experience with motion control systems and/or industrial automation
- 1 year of experience with PLC programming
- 1 year of experience with Python programming
- 1 year of experience with Matlab/Simulink modeling tools and code generation.
- 1 year of experience with closed-loop control algorithms of SPM, IPM or induction motors
Who we are
We are a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, we employ approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries.
This position is part of a job family. Experience will be the determining factor
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).