Therapist, Refugee and Immigrant Services - Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Requisition #: req6264
Location: Fairlawn, NJ
Hours: Full-time (40 hours/week)
Bethany is changing the world through family. We began our work by serving one child more than 75 years ago. Today, Bethany is an international Christian nonprofit partnering with communities in more than 30 states and in several countries around the world. We strengthen and preserve families, support displaced people fleeing danger, and find safe, loving families for children who need them. Bethany is at the forefront of creating and implementing solutions to meet the growing needs of vulnerable children and families in the U.S. and around the world.
As a Therapist for Wraparound Stabilization Services, you will be primarily responsible for providing therapy and clinical support to Refugee and Immigrant Adults in the Post-Release program. This individual assists clients with a wide range of issues including trauma related issues and/or other mental health concerns in accordance with federal, state, and agency requirements. This individual may also be responsible for providing trafficking and/or outpatient screenings as needed for clients where trafficking, torture, and/or any informed trauma are suspected.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain an awareness of current trends and relevant evidence-based practices to recommend changes in agency policy and practice to advance the use of appropriate clinical interventions and training
- Provide regular feedback to staff writing professional reports, including clinical depth and breadth of service and concrete clinical progress and goals
- Coordinate outside professional consultations, to include psychiatric and psychological when needed while ensuring documentation for consultations is completed in a timely and effective manner
- Conduct monthly education prevention groups
- Conduct trafficking and/or trauma assessments for clients, while also assisting in the pre and post outcome measurements
- Report on outcome measures to the national program coordinator on a weekly basis
- Provide individual counseling sessions based on caseload and/or coverage needs utilizing the trauma model for Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Collaborate with the external BI Case Managers for referral follow-up and opportunities
- Conduct the eligibility screening for in-person intake for potential and/or new clients
- Maintain up-to-date clinical notes and records for all clients on a weekly basis
- Notate the service needs and on-going service needs for all clients, while reporting on these measures weekly to the national program coordinator
- Stay abreast of all agency, federal, and state regulatory requirements related to social services
- Attend internal and external trainings, and apply newly gained knowledge on the job
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in Human Services, Social Work or related field of study from an accredited college
- Active professional licensure in the state of the work location in accordance with therapy licensing requirements (applicable by state requirements)
- At least three (3) years of post-educational experience counseling
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish
- Demonstrated experience within a therapeutic setting while utilizing interpreters
- Prior experience working with refugee and/or immigrant populations
- Prior experience with co-occurring disorder treatment, strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated clinical, therapeutic, and crisis intervention skills
- Must have an ability to provide excellent and compassionate customer service
- Ability to work independently and exercise a high level of confidentiality
- Computer and typing skills sufficient to perform essential job functions
- Active motor vehicle license and a reliable vehicle with adequate insurance coverage
- Willingness to submit to an intensive background check process through the Department of Homeland Security
- Pass a criminal history screen, including state and local child protection agency registries
- Subscription to and integration of the agency Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment.
We value and embrace the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion; our culture is strengthened and our workplace is more dynamic. We are a global organization with multicultural staff, clients and stakeholders, so we strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. More work remains, but we are deeply committed to honestly acknowledging and addressing the impacts of race and racism throughout the organization. This work can be uncomfortable and even painful, but we believe that the greatest challenges bear the greatest rewards.