# of Openings
Remote / WFH
Job Post Information* : Posted Date
10 hours ago(11/22/2021 6:49 PM)
Oportun (Nasdaq: OPRT) is a financial services company and digital platform that provides responsible consumer credit to hardworking people. Using A.I.-driven models that are built on years of proprietary customer insights and billions of unique data points, we have extended millions of loans and billions in affordable credit, providing our customers with alternatives to payday and auto title loans. In recognition of our responsibly designed products which help consumers build their credit history, we have been certified as a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) since 2009.
Since extending our first loan in 2006, Oportun has made over 4 million loans, totaling over $10 billion to hardworking low- and moderate-income individuals. In turn, Oportun has helped more than 905,000 people begin establishing the credit history required to enter the financial mainstream. At the same time, Oportun's customers have saved an estimated $1.9 billion in interest and fees compared to the alternatives typically available to them.
Oportun is a mission-driven, technology-powered provider of inclusive, affordable financial services and a certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI).
We seek to serve the 100 million people in the US who are shut out of the financial mainstream because they are credit invisible or are mis-scored because they have limited credit history. By lending money to hardworking, low-to-moderate income individuals, we help them move forward in their lives, demonstrate their creditworthiness, and establish the credit history they need to access new opportunities.
Since 2006, we have lent over $6.8 billion through over 3.1 million affordable small dollar loans and have helped over 730,000 people start establishing credit. In recognition of inventive approach, we were recognized by Time Magazine as one of 50 Genius Companies inventing the future.
The Bay Area News Group recognized Oportun as a Top Workplace in 2019. Come and be a part of our community of employees, partners, and customers who are devoted to expanding financial opportunity for millions. When we work together, we can make life better.
WHAT DOES A CUSTOMER LOYALTY REPRESENTATIVE DO AT OPORTUN?
Our Customer Loyalty Representative creates and generates a rewarding and unique customer service experience. At Oportun, Customer Loyalty Representatives are passionate about listening, helping, and connecting with people. As a key member of our team, you will make the mission of Oportun come to life by educating our customers about our responsible affordable loans and the benefits of establishing credit through our loans. You are goal oriented and results driven while always exhibiting the Oportun Values.
We are a mission-driven financial services company and we provide you the tools and training to make you successful. You'll be measured by your customer service, punctuality and attendance as well as your ability to consistently achieve your goals through outreach. Outreach entails engaging with potential clients in person to increase community awareness about Oportun. For example, you will be expected to visit and build relationships one-on-one, with surrounding businesses and at local community events outside of the store.
HOW TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
- Develop and maintain great customer relationships with service excellence in mind, while promoting the Oportun brand to create return customers.
- Build relationships and lead Outreach for our retail stores.
- Meet personal and team goals by obtaining referrals and ensuring that new and returning customers are aware of the value and benefits of our products.
- Enjoy community involvement. Increase outreach and awareness by building partnerships and holding events at local businesses, nonprofit organizations, churches, schools, and community events.
- Deliver first-class customer service while accurately processing loan applications with all the proper documentation consistent with our compliance standards to limit the number of non-approved applications and improving loan turn-around time.
- Demonstrate Internal and external communication skills through customer education, promotion and conversion.
- Quickly and accurately learn our products, services and procedures and meet policy and regulatory requirements.
- Responsibly manage cash handling, taking cash payments and balancing a cash drawer.
- Comply with all regulatory and audit requirements.
- Work positively as a team within the company mission to serve our customers as the most important consideration.
- Be a role model by living Oportun's Core Values: Service, Care, Innovation, Courage, Excellence, and Empowerment.
WHAT KEY QUALIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED?
- Bilingual English/Spanish (Required)
- Service Experience (Required)
- Sales experience (Required)
- Customer-oriented: Approachable and proactive in meeting and exceeding customer needs and providing excellent service
- Results-oriented: Use appropriate strategies to achieve and/or exceed goals
- Strong communication and listening skills with a high degree of professionalism and ability to interact effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds in-person and over the phone
- Utilize good judgment, initiative and problem solving consistent with our compliance standards to resolve Oportun's customer concerns and ensure a positive customer experience outcome
- Have a positive attitude
- Must be a team player and work well with others
- Detail oriented
- Basic computer proficiency and systems knowledge
- Need to be flexible and adaptable for team, customer needs and scheduling (Stores are open 7 days a week typically between 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred