Sodexo Corporate Services is seeking an Executive Chef 2 located at Mattel in El Segundo, California.
The Executive Chef 2 will have total culinary responsibilities including the overall menu development and execution, food cost management, training of culinary staff and overseeing the food safety program with a focus on excellent customer experience. Our ideal candidate will be innovative, keeping services fresh and updated based on current trends.
Success in this role and in the relationship will require you to:
- be innovative every day
- be strategic
- have an eye for high-end restaurant quality food
- have a strong focus on customer service
The ideal candidate has:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability as trend-setter
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies
- strong management skills
Is this opportunity right for you?
Are you an experienced chef ready to take your career to the next level? At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.