Simpson College is seeking qualified candidates for a part-time mailroom assistant. This is a 10-month position, working approximately 5 hours a day.
Principal Duties Assist the Mailroom Supervisor in the operation of the campus mailroom. This includes, but not limited to, daily pick-up of mail from the Indianola U.S. Post Office, sort mail and packages to student and administrative mailboxes, deliver/pick-up mail to/from campus offices, oversee daily operations in absence of the mailroom supervisor, and provide outstanding customer service. This position will work with/mentor student staff members daily. Other duties will be assigned by the supervisor as needed.
Qualifications include, but are not limited to,
- Interpersonal skills requiring ordinary courtesy and tact.
- Work independently with general direction from the mailroom supervisor.
- Stand for various lengths of time and walk the mail route.
- Lift and carry 50lbs while walking up and down stairs.
- Use of hands, arms, and back in lifting, bending, and standing.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive mail delivery van.
- Operate mailroom equipment.
- Knowledge of computers using PC based software such as Excel and Word.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, name and contact information for three references, Interviews will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Employment will require a criminal background check, which may include, but is not limited to, criminal history, national sex offender search and motor vehicle history.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Simpson College shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.