Retail Response Operations Analyst
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Posted: Nov 23, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200315011
The Retail Operations Response team ensures business operations continuity, and customer and employee safety globally. Operating conditions for Apple Retail are constantly and quickly evolving, while having an impact that cascades across multiple organizations within the company. The team develops, maintains and implements business continuity and crises recovery strategies and solutions worldwide! Our team responds to significant disruptions to Apple Retail business that require planning and handling operational decisions and cross functional leadership support. They ensure there are clear processes readily available to guide Retail Leadership through business disruptions, and anticipate potential crises. We help the Retail organization analyze and synthesize intel and data to enable leaders to make rapid and informed decisions.
- Experience and management principles involved in strategy, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Strong excel modeling skills; must to be able to work with sophisticated formulas and macros. Problem solver who can synthesize the complex and distinguish signal from noise
- Outstanding influencer who is great at connecting the dots and able to lead and influence cross functional teams in geographic regions.
- Comfortable working with, presenting to, and facilitating decisions among senior executives.
- Must have strong business expertise- skilled to dive in and fully understand any area of the business in order to formulate effective execution plans.
Establishes highly collaborative partnerships with business leaders and cross-functional partners. Effectively influences others, shares ideas, plans solutions, maximizing operational responses to critical incidents and events through strong communication. Develops plans to facilitate effective decision-making and organizational response to critical business incidents including the temporary shut-down and re-opening of stores to ensure continuity of operation. Analyzes risk and impact to store operations and builds scenarios to re-establish operations from various types of disruptions. Requests, captures, and synthesizes business intelligence and realtime feedback. Monitors response actions and adjusts operational plans as the need arises to address evolving variables and conditions of the disruption. Summarizes response approaches, including descriptions of goals, planning, scheduling, execution, risks, results, and recommendations. Incorporates legal guidance regarding government regulations and applicable procedures to ensure compliance. They regularly partner to evaluate applicable laws and regulations to determine impact on organizational activities. Finds opportunities for strategic improvement or mitigation of business interruption and other risks caused by business impacting events.
Education & Experience
- Skills & Abilities
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (including finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).