Make banking a Fifth Third better
We connect great people to great opportunities. Are you ready to take the next step? Discover a career in banking at Fifth Third Bank.
Handles customer telephone calls in English and other language(s), providing outstanding customer service. By using job knowledge and the information available, makes every effort to answer the customer's question/solve the problem. Educates the customer about Bank products and services, and up sells and cross-sells other products based on the customer's needs.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank's risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
ESSENTIAL DUTIESAND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handles customer calls in a professional, courteous manner using English and other language(s).
- Provides accurate information to the customer. Explains products and policies so the customer can understand.
- Takes every step possible to answer the customer's question or solve the problem during the call, without transferring the customer to another employee or department. When follow-up is required, doing so within the timeframe committed to the customer.
- Follows departmental policies and procedures, particularly in regards to customer confidentiality
- Accurately enters or confirms customer information into database; initiates and/or completes proper request forms in assisting customers.
- Effectively uses computer systems for tracking, information gathering, and/or troubleshooting.
- Educates the customer about Bank products and services and up sells and cross-sells other products based on the customer's needs.
- Suggest improvements and changes to processes and policies to improve productivity or customer satisfaction
- Continually learning and developing knowledge of Bank products and services.
- Perform any other duties assigned
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Consumer Contact Bilingual Spanish Professional - 9a-6p MTWF, Sa 10a-4p - Starts 12/27, $New Hire Bonus
LOCATION -- Cincinnati, Ohio 45227
- High school education or equivalent. Must be able to perform data entry and basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of banking products and procedures helpful.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to articulate and explain information clearly.
- Previous customer service or call center experience preferred.
- Excellent telephone communication skills are essential.
- Must be able, and willing to learn about Bank products and services.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Must be fluent in English and a second language.
Fifth Third Bank, National Association is proud to have an engaged and inclusive culture and to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity in all employment decisions regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Customer Service Representatives
High School or Equivalent