This position will provide oversight and management of our Patient Care Tech training program as well as other duties assigned.
Promotes the delivery of high-quality, cost-effective health care through the provision of expert clinical education. Collaborates with the leadership team in the planning and implementation of organizational and departmental goals. Creates a climate of innovation through role modeling, consultation, research, and facilitation of learning in collaboration with the clinical education team, unit specific leadership, and department staff.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides education to staff on regulatory standards and compliance, current clinical practice issues, and safety standards.
- Coordinates, facilitates, and evaluates the orientation process for new unit staff.
- Participates in processes to determine unit competencies and to assure competence of staff. Collaborates with other departments and nursing areas to ensure consistency and to avoid duplication.
- Participates in unit-specific and hospital-wide quality improvement activities, actively participates in the activities of the Clinical Education Council.
- Maintains staff education tracking records.
- Collaborates with the Clinical Director and Unit Leadership in the area of specialty to achieve departmental and organizational goals.
- Attends on-going educational opportunities that support best-practice initiatives and provides summary presentations to applicable groups within the organization.
- Participates in the evaluation and interview of job candidates and makes recommendations regarding appropriate fit for organization and specific unit.
- Participates in staff performance evaluations and develops individual educational plans to facilitate staff competency and performance.
- Encourages staff participation in seminars, meetings, in-services, and shared governance activities. Offers guidance to staff in pursuit of continued professional development.
- Minimum education level - Bachelor`s Degree in Nursing.
- Master`s Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Minimum of three years as a Registered Nurse in a care setting applicable to the service or initiative.
- Demonstrated experience in nursing staff development or nursing leadership with knowledge of nursing staff development theory or principles of adult education required.
- Outside applicants seeking a Clinical Educator position must be able to demonstrate that they have met the required criteria at previous employment.
- Specialty Certification and Professional Organization Membership are required for the position.
- American Heart Association HealthCare Provider BLS
- Professional Organization Membership required.
- Current licensure as a registered nurse by the Maryland Board of Nursing.
- Adherence to credentialing requirements of AAMC as stated in the nursing bylaws.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands -
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.