As chefs, we have the power to influence lives through the power of food.
Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef 3 for UMass Memorial Medical Center-Memorial Campus located in Worcester, MA. The Executive Chef 3 must have strong leadership skills and be able to lead a team of 14 client, union staff. Hours are generally Mon-Fri 6:30a-3:30, some weekends, some holidays.
The successful candidate will:
- directly manage retail, patient feeding, catering chefs as well as purchasing and catering manager;
- maintain chef/manager schedules; cover chefs/manager schedule as needed;
- be responsible for yearly evaluation and goals for chefs and managers through the use of Ingenium;
- implement and standardize all culinary systems and procedures for hospital: Catering, Retail menus, LTO's, STG, Mindful, garnishing, panning charts, production, puree standardization, FMS sheets, inventory control, HACCP, cleaning schedules, staffing plans, presentation and quality of food, kitchen cleanliness, safety, etc. Sodexo standards will be the benchmark;
- monitor, audit, implement and standardize new menus;
- be responsible for Food and Physical Safety and annual training for all hourly associates;
- conduct audits, create action plans based on audit findings and be responsible for keeping and updating GC audit books;
- work with vendors on procurement items; be responsible for purchasing manager and purchasing financial audits;
- continue sustainability program with the direction of Director of Culinary Operations;
- conduct yearly culinary foundations training to all cooks;
- guide chefs in unit to ACF certification with guidance from Director of Culinary Operations;
- improve and standardize catering and banquet services, create menus based on client needs;
- implement innovative and fresh ideas in retail, catering and patient services; and/or
- create interpersonal relationships with clients in hospital.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- strong management skills and previous experience working in a high-volume facility;
- high end catering and dining experience and a passion for culinary arts;
- experience with authentic global cuisine (highly desirable);
- a strong production culinary background, ideally in an up-scale restaurant/retail/catering environment;
- demonstrated experience leading and engaging a culinary team and exceptional human resource and supervisory/management skillset;
- menu planning experience and a strong understanding of current culinary trends;
- the ability to effectively communicate to multiple audiences and develop strong relationships with customers;
- the ability to multitask and proven effectiveness in a high-standards driven environment;
- a strong understanding of forecasting, food cost management, purchasing, inventory and labor management concepts;
- the ability to successfully lead, develop and train a team;
- the ability to creatively and effectively problem-solve and manage projects;
- proficient computer skills as well as exceptional organizational and customer services skills;
- Servsafe certified as well as working knowledge of HACCP and experience with Health and Safety audits; and/or
- C.E.C. (Certified Executive Chef) a plus.
Learn more about UMass Memorial Medical Center-Memorial Campus at https://www.ummhealth.org/umass-memorial-medical-center-14
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.
Provides culinary leadership within a large sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.