Software Quality Engineer, Apple Pay
Raleigh , North Carolina , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200315951
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people's lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? As a member of our group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to shape products that simplify & enhance millions of Apple customers' lives every single day. The Apple Pay Engineering team is looking for someone to screen, analyze, and triage test results that are crucial to bringing future Apple Pay products to life. The right candidate will work cross-functionally with engineers from multiple teams to understand complex systems and flows, categorize each test run, refine the triaging process, and improve the efficacy of triaging by developing innovative solutions. In addition, this role with augment existing QA for the services that produce those test runs. This role works closely with development teams to speed up the partner onboarding process and deliver high quality solutions to Apple Pay users worldwide.
- Ability to understand, create, and optimize process flow diagrams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with debugging and troubleshooting techniques
- Flexibility & comfort multitasking without missing details
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Some coding experience with at least two programming or scripting languages
Understand partner test flows and categorize each test run
Optimize the triaging process for test runs
Work closely with development teams to support partner needs
Spot & highlight trends in partner test runs.
Perform other technical duties as time permits
Education & Experience
- Apple's most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We're proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount - both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company's success. You'll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.