Let your passion for people be the driver of your success at Sodexo. Through your leadership, your team will make a real impact every day.
This account will fall under the SodexoMAGIC portfolio of business.
Use your passion for service to create a positive impact and make a difference in the communities we serve! SodexoMAGIC is a joint Sodexo/Magic Johnson venture and we are thrilled to be celebrating our 10-year anniversary together this year! SodexoMAGIC promises to empower the communities we serve by offering best-in-class food & facilities management solutions, which create a positive impact and make a difference in the lives of our clients and customers. SodexoMAGIC offers our dedicated service via the following Sodexo segments: Corporate Services, Hospitals, K-12 Schools, Universities.
Sodexo Universities Segment is seeking a Resident District Manager to oversee food operations at The University of Albany in Albany, New York. UAlbany has a total managed volume of $23 Million in food/dining services. This is a high-profile Executive Food Management position at a University that educates approximately 17,000 students. This position will manage the Food Service Operations, Resident Dining, Retail, Catering and Concessions and will report to the Senior Vice President of Operations and will be responsible for managing the day to day food service operations. It requires strong strategic leadership, financial acumen, talent management, communication and project management skills. The scope of service is a mix of resident dining programs, multiple retail sites, concessions and catering operations. Relocation assistance is available with this position.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- Have strong experience leading food operations in a complex, high volume, higher education setting with strong P&L experience.
- Must have five plus consecutive years of food service experience in a high volume and multi-unit management environment with a strong P&L background and has had previous success managing a prestigious University Campus account
- Will have the skills to develop exceptional client relations
- Ensure the facility's product offerings/solutions and lead/motivate the management team
- Inspire strategic direction; secure and deploy resources; cultivate relationships with clients and other teams within Sodexo; ensure the fulfillment of all contract commitments; sustain client satisfaction and retention; and maintain strong employee relations
- Have a strong focus on food quality and presentation as well as high end catering experience
- Have had previous success managing a University Campus account
- Have strong leadership skills, computer skills, culinary knowledge and food/beverage cost controls
- Be well versed in culinary functions, food and labor cost control, food safety and sanitation
- Be technically competent in unit financial management, pricing, menu development and will be responsible for the training and development of front-line hourly employees and managers.
- Superior interpersonal skills and can develop and maintain professional, positive working relationships with multiple clients, liaisons, customers, employees, supervisors and vendors.
- Strong communication skills and will be able to articulate ideas, thoughts, opinions, professionally and clearly within all levels of client and Sodexo's organizations.
- Strong time management skills and will be able to juggle multiple priorities.
Careers in Universities:
Working for Sodexo in Universities allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. Located on college and university campuses across the country, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success. Student success depends upon so many conditions - when they are well fed, safe, comfortable and learning in a clean, well maintained environment they are more likely to succeed.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.