As an aspiring Chef you want to enhance the lives of others. Inspire patients through food, teach them what's possible through sustainable resources.
Sodexo is seeking a Sous Chef for Hershey Medical Center in Hershey PA! Sodexo is honored to begin its partnership with our new partner as together we pursue a vision of driving a healthier future. The Sous Chef has full oversight and responsibility for all production operations in an acute-care hospital. This is a hands-on culinary position with a Typical Schedule: days & evening hours and rotating weekends. Union experience a plus.
The successful candidate will:
- be responsible for executing catering events from start to finish;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and motivate team members to embrace culinary innovations;
- ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard compliance; and/or
- have working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a passion for cooking and culinary;
- good supervisory and communication skills;
- previous experience working in a high-volume facility;
- catering and dining experience and a passion for culinary arts;
- a strong production culinary background;
- proficient computer skills as well as exceptional customer services skills;
- Servsafe certified as well as working knowledge of HACCP and experience is a plus.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.