Location: East Setauket - New York
Location: Devens - Massachusetts
Responsible for Continuous Improvement team and support development and implementation of new global continuous improvement strategies and standards across the entire facility based on Lean Manufacturing methodology in order to drive business performance in Safety, cost, delivery, quality, and people development. This position has responsibility for direct reports and will support intern and leadership development employees based on rotation and need. This position will be partnering closely with leadership in manufacturing operations, manufacturing services, quality, CI, and additional ISC functions. Primary focus on transactional processes (FTPC) bringing the Connected Enterprise to live in facility, supply chain and manufacturing plants.
- Responsible for leading Continuous Improvement initiatives in the plant
- Assist in creation and implementation of facility strategy directly aligned to broader organizational strategy and considering Manufacturing and support function imperatives and goals. Focus on driving improvements in business performance using Lean (and Six Sigma) techniques. Communicate to Manufacturing leadership on status of improvement efforts and initiatives.
- Sponsor, champion and lead projects that range from strategic multi-functional, multi-business, to multi-region efforts that requires leadership, project management and proven communication skills.
- Design and Organize events such as strategic planning, Summits, Kaizens, Workshops with people around the globe and within different functions.
- Support continual education and training operations key support functions in Lean Manufacturing, Problem Solving and Operational Excellence.
- Evaluate and introduce existing programs and techniques in the Lean Industry as applicable.
- Coordinates communication between site operations and the RPS Corporate team to assure support is provided and best practice are shared to drive business improvements.
- Develop and monitor performance and Behavioral indicators to support the organization strategy.
- Ensure coaching and mentoring of facility RPS and Lean experts in their respective facilities.
- Responsible for process to assess manufacturing compliance with Rockwell Production Systems (RPS) requirements in all regions to identify strengths and gaps related to Cost, quality, Delivery and People to be close based on site strategy by the plants with RPS Global Lean Project manager support and local plant CI support.
- Support plants in RPS related activities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, Operations, or Project management preferred
- Minimum 5 years of Lean Manufacturing plus 5 years in operations environment, previous people management experience
- Certified Lean Manufacturing and/or Lean Master with proven completion of projects in which solutions were sought at the root level of the problem.
- Experience working and leading cross-functional, cross-business and cross-cultural teams and projects.
- Experience working with initiatives focused to institutionalize continuous improvement culture (Toyota Production System or similar).
- Strong working knowledge problem solving / root cause analysis and process management.
- Strategy and goal development experience
- Experience in training and education
- Proven Leadership and Change Management skills, demonstrated ability to influence (leadership communication & presentation)
- Hands-on Project Management experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Visio).
- Must be able to travel up to 10% both domestically and internationally.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if appropriate. Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).