AI/ML - Machine Learning Engineer, Siri and Language Technologies
Cambridge , Massachusetts , United States
Machine Learning and AI
Posted: Dec 1, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200311804
Play a part in the next revolution in human-computer interaction. Contribute to a product that is redefining mobile computing. Build groundbreaking technology for large scale systems, spoken language, big data, and artificial intelligence. And work with the people who built the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done - just by asking. Join the Siri Speech team at Apple. We are looking for exceptional data engineers passionate about customer experience, who love working with data for measuring and improving accuracy of ML models in products used by millions of customers all over the world.
- Strong and proven research and software development skills
- Experience building and improving large vocabulary speech recognition systems
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (preferably Python) and with developing code within a team environment (e.g. git, testing, code reviews)
- Experience working with standard speech recognition and machine learning toolkits (such as HTK, Kaldi, SRILM, OpenFST, Tensorflow or equivalent proprietary systems)
- Prior experience in the development and maintenance of tools for analyzing and processing large amounts of data under Apache Hadoop and Spark is preferred
- Excellent communication skills
You will be a part of a small, collaborative team of talented researchers and engineers responsible for improving Siri ASR accuracy and performance. Responsibilities include data analysis, algorithm development and implementation, experimentation, result analysis and visualization on large volume of training and test data over multiple languages. You should thrive in a fast paced environment with rapidly changing priorities, and collaborate well with other engineering teams at Apple. The ideal candidate will have outstanding communication skills, proven machine learning experimentation capabilities, strong business acumen, and an innate drive to deliver results. You will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and will enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
Education & Experience
B.S., M.S., or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent practical experience