Location: East Setauket - New York
Who is Rockwell
Do you want to make a difference in the world? At Rockwell Automation you can do just that and more. Rockwell is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and sustainable. Rockwell is recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies in 2020. We place a high value on integrity which fosters an environment where all employees can and want to do their best work.
To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, please visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
What Rockwell Brings to You
Rockwell cares about our employees and our benefits package is just one way we support you. Outside the industry expected benefits, Rockwell provides paid parental leave, flexible work schedules, summer hours depending on business needs and eligibility for an annual bonus.
To learn more about our Benefits Package, please visit https://raquickfind.com/.
What Rockwell Needs from You
We need a diverse workforce to do our best work. We need the makers, the forward thinkers, the problem solvers, and everything in between. That is where you come in. We are looking for an Assembler Level 3 to join our diverse production team and be responsible for the assembly of various independent cart servo motion control products, including motors, encoders, etc. This position starts at an hourly rate of $21.82 and is paid on a weekly basis. Experience will be the determining factor.
Extra Incentives of joining our Organization:
3 weeks' vacation to start; prorated based on date of hire.
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance: effective first day of employment if you choose to enroll.
14 Paid Holidays
Paid Parental Leave policy
Employer Paid Short Term Disability
Employer Paid Life Insurance
Flexible overtime options
401K: Rockwell matches 50% of the first 7% you contribute.
This is a 1st Shift Position, Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Rockwell Automation is looking for a talented Electrical/Mechanical Assembler to join our production team. You will join a diverse production team and be responsible for the assembly of various independent cart servo motion control products, including motors, encoders, etc.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Desired employee will be performing a wide variety of electronic or electro-mechanical assembly operations on assemblies or sub-assemblies.
- Determines and/or follows methods and sequence of operations in performing wiring, component installation, hand soldering and cable harnessing on assembly units.
- Makes setups and adjustments holding tolerances to blueprint specifications.
- Works on assignments that are semi routine in nature but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice.
- Normally follows established procedures on routine work, requires instructions only on new assignments.
- Applies acquired job skills and company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks.
- Overtime is an essential function of this position which typically requires 5 to 10% of standard hours of overtime/week. Actual overtime hours may vary.
- A minimum of High School Diploma/GED OR 2 years of verified related experience
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Mechanical Assembly Experience
- Ability to read and interpret schematics/blueprints
- Ability to work under pressure
What Integrated Supply Chain Organization Does
We are focused on the end-to-end supply chain for Rockwell. We are governed by our enterprise quality function and we plan, source, make and deliver Rockwell products and services to customers.
We offer servo drives, servo motors and actuators to provide simplified machine design to provide more system flexibility and improve overall performance. We also provide a new approach to linear motors by using magnets instead of gear/chains and belts to allow for precise motion control with frictionless propulsion. The use of magnets results in reduced downtime and maintenance, decreased energy consumption and improved the ability to change machine profiles.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).