Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Location: Chelmsford - Massachusetts
Rockwell Automation is the largest company in the world dedicated to industrial automation and information. Here, we connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to make the world more intelligent, more connected and more productive. From improving the production of medicines that boost human health to reducing waste in an oil and gas plant, the work we do changes how we live.
We truly believe we are doing things never before possible. And we need the brightest minds to help make that happen - the makers, the forward thinkers, the problem solvers. That's where you come in.
This role manages the development and implementation process of projects involving cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing projects. Plans and directs schedules and monitors budget/spending. Monitors the project from initiation through delivery. Organizes the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project on schedule and within budget constraints.
This role reports to the PMO Manager and is located in Chelmsford, Massachusetts.
What you will do
- In conjunction with the lead Project Manager, you will support the project through the full product lifecycle, from concept through release. Success is measured by achieving the project goals on time, within product cost targets and quality standards, including meeting functional and performance requirements.
- Support the development and release to production of new products through the application of a Common Product Development (CPD) stage-gate process and agile methodologies to achieve timely product release.
- In collaboration with the lead project manager, support the planning for scope definition, cost estimation, scheduling, resource utilization, and overall risk management.
- Support the monitoring of project key milestones, timeline, and budget. Develop and apply knowledge of manufacturing systems and processes utilized for product release and achieve target quality metrics.
Skills you have
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities and solid organization skills.
- Experience with Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, PPT) or similar applications.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering discipline.
- Up to 10% travel.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Ability to receive and contribute to predetermined assignments to support project management. Learn to follow and apply company policies and procedures and to build effective internal working relationships
- Project Management certificate or PMP certification
- Knowledge and experience with new product introduction, to include supporting projects within a cross functional team environment.
- Knowledge and experience with product software and/or firmware development for new product design including the application of agile methodologies.
- Experience with stage-gate processes for product development and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems such as SAP.
Who we are
We are a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, we employ approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).