Location: Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Location: San Francisco - California
Location: Portland - Oregon
As a product manager, you will join the Software Product Management Team that has responsibility for the evolution of FactoryTalk Automation Software and work closely with platform leaders, fellow product managers, and engineering resources across multiple locations to evolve the product and platform.
We are looking for an exceptional, self-motivated person who wants to work on core product management problems and grow into an end-to-end product leader. Our Product Management team is responsible for providing the vision, execution, and analysis necessary to delight customers with world class experiences on our automation software.
This position is the central product management authority for product security of the next generation of FactoryTalk Automation Software. This position is responsible for creating the roadmap and coordinating next generation product security efforts across Rockwell Automation and within the software business. This includes awareness of state-of-the-art developments, industry standards, and security best practices. This further includes establishing standards, processes, and guidelines within the Software and Control business to establish world-class security in software and institutionalizing them within the business practices.
- Be a security thought leader within Rockwell Automation through educating internal personnel and influencing proper security development techniques and tools.
- Be the change agent towards current security development practices, methods, and skills. Drive the implementation of the security processes, guidelines, and tools.
- Engage on and provide business guidance to align with Design for Security (DfS) requirements.
- Oversee 62443 certifications (work with engineering leadership on plans and track progress)
- Drive business growth with the development of business and technology strategies to improve the security of existing and new products, by conducting assessments of existing and potential markets, and enabling sales & technical teams.
- Set the direction for security, both vulnerability remediation and features across the assigned portfolio. Ensure adherence to security standards and provide guidance and input to standards enhancements. Provide guidance on prioritization and funding.
- Develop short- and long-range business plans for the FactoryTalk Automation Software business consistent with the market needs and corporate strategies.
- Gather customer/market requirements for product/system enhancements. Work with the appropriate product teams to get the enhancements incorporated into the product line.
- Represents the business unit for customer presentations and meetings with regards to security
- Work with the Rockwell Automation sales and distribution channels including relationships with field leadership, competency tools, and sales presentations for awareness on security.
- Cultivate an understanding of security in the IT and automation markets, competitive offerings, and customer needs to provide direction and implementation in Rockwell Automation control system products and services.
- Demonstrate leadership capabilities, creativity and strategic development, and an ability to drive results.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills and an ability to work within a global remote team environment also critical to achieve the business objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in technical field, or equivalent relevant experience.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
- This position typically requires at least 5 years combined experience in the manufacturing industry and software product management discipline.
- 2+ years of experience in Security Development Lifecycle concepts (i.e., secure code reviews, threat modeling, and penetration testing)
- Industrial cybersecurity and/or information technology knowledge with subsequent certifications.
- Proven Industry experience in control system design, implementation, commissioning, and/or support with knowledge of current Rockwell Automation software products
- Understanding and experience implementing security standards such as the NIST Cybersecurity Framework and/or IEC 62443
- Security certification(s) such as CISSP, CEH, Applicable GIAC Certifications, OSCP, CySec Specialist (TÜV Rheinland), or an advanced degree in cybersecurity.
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology
- Experience interfacing with customers and defining customer problems.
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- This position is part of a job family. Experience will be the determining factor.
- This position can be 100% remote and located in the states of: WI, OH, MI, IN, CA, OR, WA, AZ, TX, NC, SC, FL, NY, NJ, PA
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).