Let your passion for people be the driver of your success at Sodexo. Through your leadership, your team will make a real impact every day.
Sodexo is seeking a General Manager 3 for Union College located in Barbourville, Kentucky. Union's location is a park-like setting with Georgian architecture, manicured lawns and mature trees, including our revered ginkgo, which has been growing with the college since the early days. But beyond campus lies something different: adventurous beauty. We're in southeastern Kentucky, in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountain range along the famous Wilderness Road and 30 miles from Cumberland Gap National Park. We're just 17 miles from Interstate 75, so if urban life is calling your name, you can respond in a flash. Travel north to land in Lexington, Ky., and south to arrive in Knoxville, Tenn. Either way, it's a 100-mile trip that provides fine and casual dining, airports, shopping, nightlife and so much more. Sodexomanages all the Dining programs at Union College. Valid drivers license is required. Relocation assistance is available for this position.
The successful candidate will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations;
- deliver high quality food service;
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- develop strategic plans;
- create a positive environment; and/or
- ensure Sodexo standards are met.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- have culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- can manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and/or
- demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) The Market Connection (TMC) and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience. This is only for internal candidates as external candidates won't have this knowledge
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.