Dance & Electronic Music Lead
Culver City , California , United States
Posted: Dec 21, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200325958
The people here at Apple don't just create products - they create the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries! It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it! As part of Apple, Platoon is a creative artist services company that nurtures and builds the careers of independent artists. We are carrying out the vision to develop original music and visual content - while leaving artists free to be who they want and distribute their music where they want. The company is best known for working at an early stage with emerging and established artists - including Jorja Smith, Billie Eilish, Victoria Monet, Yebba, and Mr. Eazi. We are conducting a global search for an ambitious music professional with robust industry experience to join Platoon. Ideally this person will have a strong background in music with 10+ years experience and a full understanding of all aspects of the Electronic and Dance genres, including partners, producers and the A&R process.
- Passionate about the Dance, Electronic, and DJ mix culture and music.
- 10 + years Experience with music in these genres, House, Techno, Electro, Dubstep, Trance, Electro, Dance, Club, Ambient.
- Previous experience at specific organizations related to these genres, including with artists, producers, labels, festivals, clubs, and platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to innovate in business development and contract terms.
- Exhibits a rare ability to discover, champion and develop talent and collaborations.
- Deep understanding of the cross-platform opportunities in the music and entertainment industry.
- Strong understanding of the global landscape
- Experience in managing projects - communicating with partners, managing timelines and handling budgets.
- Consistent track record of meeting deadlines and taking initiative to make confident and well-informed decisions.
- You work well under pressure, are results-focused, upbeat, with a strong passion to learn and succeed.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills, and a strong sense of professionalism.
You will identify and work with world-class talent, producers, nurture and grow industry and music relationships with dance and electronic brands. You will work closely with Platoon's extended team while collaborating cross-functionally with digital partners worldwide in these genres. You will identify and work with world-class talent, children's brands, creatives as well as nurture and grow industry and music relationships. This position is a unique opportunity to help lead Platoon's efforts in an ever-evolving, critical growth area. The ideal candidate is highly strategic, resourceful, creative, entrepreneurial and collaborative.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent related industry experience.