Manufacturing Design - CapEx Global Supply Mgmt (GSM)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Posted: Dec 22, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200309369
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don't just create products - they create the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry- leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- Ability to work with large datasets and generate actionable insights
- Create visualizations from large datasets (using Tableau, other)
- Ability to toggle between strategic and tactical, detail-oriented thinking
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence across multiple functional teams
- Flexibility to adapt to dynamic and rapidly changing environments
- 5+ years of experience in supply chain development, sourcing management, or strong mechanical engineering background in product development
- Experience in a manufacturing environment and/or Equipment and Automation design is preferred.
- Database development and maintenance experience a plus
- Enterprise software experience a plus
- Knowledge in data analysis (python, R, VBA, Tableau) is desirable.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and management skills.
- Hands-on experience in any of the following: mechanical engineering, mechanical development, manufacturing practices/techniques involving CNC Machined parts, sheet metal, enclosures, casings, jigs, tooling, fixtures, injection molding, vacuum forming, plastic parts, ceramics, etc.
- Prior CapEx or Budget Management experience a plus
- Ability to should-cost large capital Equipment and Tooling & Fixtures
- Understand the life-cycle and health of large capital Equipment
An Apple Enclosure CapEx GSMs sit at a unique intersection of manufacturing, engineering and finance/procurement - allowing individuals broad insight into the launch of Apple's world class products. The team plays a critical role in finding ways to optimize the manufacturing process by identifying and implementing better ways of designing, managing, and purchasing the Equipment and Tooling & Fixtures used in manufacturing Enclosure parts. Enclosure components (such as the housing, cover glass & buttons) define the look, feel and expression of Apple's globally recognized industrial and product design. CapEx GSMs work with cross-functional teams to best utilize Apple's assets and minimize overall CapEx spend in enabling Apple products. A CapEx team member has the ability to impact Apple's bottom line. The role includes the following activities:
Understand the technical aspects of Equipment and Tooling & Fixtures
Identify and drive reuse and cost-optimization opportunities
Data analysis to identify and parse process-related opportunities.
Run ROI analysis
Create and manage a CapEx budget.
Drive standardization in asset naming convention across suppliers and internal teams
Build relationships, drive cross-functional teams on consensus of opportunities.
Organize projects including schedules, teams, and motivation. Be able to think multiple steps ahead to mitigate project risks.
Clear and concise communication of Budget status to management team.
Manage Equipment and Tooling & Fixture forecasting and kickoff process.
Travel internationally to support systems & tools adoption, and early project engagement.
Education & Experience
BSME or BSIE, or equivalent. MBA a plus.
- Ability to travel Internationally 25%
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you are applying for a position in San Francisco, please click here.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more.
- Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more.
- Apple is a drug-free workplace. Learn more.