Tuesday, November 16, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visitwww.gannett.com
The Growth Team is dedicated to supporting the departments goals of driving aggressive digital subscription growth and optimize channel expenses to sustain the print subscription base. This team is responsible for driving all subscription types (print and digital) for 200+ local Gannett markets and USA Today. This team owns and manages the media expenses across multiple acquisition channels (print & digital), and collaborates with key internal departments to manage onsite assets, meter optimization strategy, checkout experiences as well as platforms and payment options to drive conversions.
Gannett is hiring a Project Manager, Growth, who will be responsible for managing complex cross-functional, global initiatives supporting all growth-related initiatives. The role requires a strong ability to partner with multiple internal and external stakeholders across Product, Business Intelligence and Marketing leaders as well as external partners/affiliates to drive multi-tiered programs that accelerate the path to conversion for Gannet users into becoming paid subscribers.
You are someone who is flexible and can respond quickly, energetically, and enthusiastically to changes. The environment is fast paced, requiring the ability to work autonomously and lead aggressive delivery schedules. You should have strong problem solving and negotiation skills as well as a passion for improving on process and tools. The right mix of technical, organizational, and communication skills is the key to success. Attention to detail and a shown ability to prioritize are critical.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with cross-functional, dispersed teams to identify resources, define delivery timelines and effectively communicate project status
- Plays a critical role understanding, scoping and clearly defining the requirements for the initiatives and collaborate with stakeholders on delivery/timelines and resources required for timely completion of initiatives
- Participate actively in Growth team meetings to understand team goals as well as upcoming challenges and help prioritize initiatives
- Proactively maintains and manages project status updates using tools such a Airtable/Confluence, etc.
- Communicate with Growth team management, developers, product managers and technical support specialists on product issues and status
- Participate proactively in developing and maintaining standards, tools, and best practices.
- Responsible for internal and external communication, improving transparency, and keeping projects on track
- 7-10 years of experience - preferably in project management
- Consistent track record of leading strategic projects combined with the ability to tactically execute project level activities and tasks
- Experience planning, managing, and delivering small to large projects (often at the same time), and sometimes under daily timeframes
- Strong communication and time-management skills with a demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Excellent presentation skills - including experience presenting to senior management
- Flexibility, resourcefulness, and attention to detail is a requirement
- Results oriented, energetic and focused with a strong desire to learn and succeed
- You will have leadership experience, top-notch organizational skills, a can-do work ethic, and the ability to connect with employees at all levels
- Extraordinary project management skills with strong attention to detail, and a shown ability to influence and collaborate across all levels of the organization
This position is an independent contributor reporting to the Head of Growth. Will collaborate with peers / leaders on the Growth team.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. As such, we will consider all qualified applicants for employment and do not discriminate in connection with employment decisions on the basis of an applicant or employees race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance (including height and weight), sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), education, genetic characteristics or information, political affiliation, military or veteran status or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state and local laws in the jurisdictions where Gannett employs employees.
In addition, Gannett Co., Inc. will provide applicants who require a reasonable accommodation, as a result of an applicants disability or religion, to complete this employment application and/or any other process in connection with an individuals application for employment with Gannett Co., Inc. Applicants who require such accommodation should contact Gannett Co., Inc.s Recruitment Department at Recruit@gannett.com.
Program & Project Management