Monday, December 20, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visitwww.gannett.com
Partner Content Coordinator
Reviewed/reviewed.com, a part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is seeking a professional journalist to join us as a full-time Partner Content Coordinator to assist with duties like project management, editorial planning, team coordination, record keeping, and other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have a deep curiosity about the world and an appreciation for smart service journalism. Youll be part of a rapidly growing team and responsible for shaping daily content that enriches peoples lives. Youll have a chance to share your work across the USA TODAY Network and beyond.
Our mission is to help people buy the best stuff and love what they already own. We do this by providing our audience informative, enjoyable, and genuinely useful content.
This position requires some editorial experience and a hunger to learn more about service journalism. This is a full-time role working 40 hours per week. While you will likely have the ability to occasionally write articles or review products, that will not be the main focus of this role.
This position contributes editorial content to partner content. We often partner with brands and outside organizations to create content relevant to their target audiences. The role is in the newsroom and requires a deep commitment to our ethics and our brand of service journalism. This position requires some editorial experience and comfort with experimentation.
This role will also require attendance on certain holidays or big sales, including but not limited to Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Amazon Prime Day, and CES.
Reviewed is one of the most influential sources on the internet when it comes to reviews of products like appliances, consumer technology, lifestyle products, and more. Youll learn on the job and become a key contributor to a team of talented, like-minded product nerds.
The Partner Content Coordinator role reports to our Editor, Partner Content. We are open to remote employees, but staffers are also able to work out of our (truly awesome) labs in Cambridge, MA.
- Collaborate with the partner content team to assist with necessary tasks the team needs completed.
- Coordinate with editorial teams on partner content and placements.
- Maintain partner contract records in Airtable, Google Sheets, Microsoft Excel, and Salesforce.
- Coordinate with editors to ensure your teams editorial workflow runs smoothly and with proper notification for all parties involved, including cross-team communication with the editorial, business, audience, and analytics teams.
- Research partner requests from the business team and provide insights to the Partner Content Editor.
- Update past partner content pieces for SEO and accuracy.
- Track partner content placements and ensure contracts are executed.
- Be available to help build, write, or update partner content placements.
- Be available to work during holidays and major sales including, but not limited to Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Amazon Prime Day.
- Bachelor's or masters degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with producing content in CMS systems such as WordPress, Chorus, Arc, or other proprietary CMS programs.
- Strong understanding of basic word processing software such as Microsoft Word and Google Docs.
- Ability to quickly learn proprietary content production tools and overall eagerness to approach new software.
- Understanding of basic coding formatting such as HTML and Markdown.
- Understanding of copyediting skills and the ability to notice and correct typos.
- Strong understanding of journalistic ethics and commitment to upholding high ethical standards.
- Experience producing high-quality, rapid-turnaround editorial content is a plus.
- Knowledge of SEO a plus.
- Experience with affiliate networks, like Amazon Affiliates, Skimlinks, Impact Radius, Trackonomics, or others is a plus.
- Employment is contingent on passing a pre-employment, post-offer background check.
How to Apply:
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, dont limit your upload to a resume; show us what youve done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
1. Your resume one to two pages.
2. A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
3. Links to 3-6 online samples of your work. Show us what youve produced or had a hand in that best reflects what you can do in your desired role.
It is important that these items be assembled into a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
Our Work Environment:
Office work takes place in an open-floor-plan office, with several smaller meeting rooms and test labs throughout the building. Regardless of whether youre onsite or remote, youll be expected to be accessible to the team throughout the day via face-to-face communication (whether in-person or over video calls), email, phone, and Slack.
Buying stuff is easy. Buying the right thing is hard. Thats where we can help. Reviewed brings consumers the most trustworthy reviews available, written by our team of experts. We believe that tough, objective reviews are the best way to analyze products. We provide readers with insightful, practical, and entertaining stories that help them make informed decisions.
Reviewed is part of the USA TODAY Network, one of the largest news networks in the country, reaching over 150 million monthly unique visitors.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. As such, we will consider all qualified applicants for employment and do not discriminate in connection with employment decisions on the basis of an applicant or employees race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance (including height and weight), sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), education, genetic characteristics or information, political affiliation, military or veteran status or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state and local laws in the jurisdictions where Gannett employs employees.
In addition, Gannett Co., Inc. will provide applicants who require a reasonable accommodation, as a result of an applicants disability or religion, to complete this employment application and/or any other process in connection with an individuals application for employment with Gannett Co., Inc. Applicants who require such accommodation should contact Gannett Co., Inc.s Recruitment Department at Recruit@gannett.com.
Editors of Frontline Journalists