Secure Runtime Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Dec 28, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200325513
Are you a big-picture thinker who loves setting ambitious goals? Do you have a passion for understanding how each line of code affects all the others? In the Core Operating Systems group ensuring the OS is inseparable from each device's identity as a whole. That's because this group is committed to building fully integrated operating systems that combine hardware, software, and apps into a single Apple experience. Your dedication to cross-disciplinary collaboration will help develop groundbreaking technologies, such as iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS. By crafting these distinct, holistic user experiences, you'll continue to uphold and advance the excellence people expect from Apple devices. We are looking for an exceptional software engineer to work on the Secure Enclave coprocessor's operating system, drivers, and core services. We work on a core technology and you have the opportunity to make a major impact in the way that Apple secures its iOS, watchOS, tvOS, and macOS products. Our environment champions product innovation, rapid product iteration, and a liberating amount of autonomy. In this rare and highly visible role, you are at the center of Apple's security efforts, influencing and assisting teams multi-functionally to secure user experiences across Apple's product line.
- An authentic passion for security
- Highly proficient in C/C++
- Experience in embedded operating system environments
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver proven work on tight schedules
- Direct experience in the overlap between software and hardware security, microkernel development, and firmware/software technologies.
- Experience with cryptography for platform security and implementation of secure software stacks and runtimes.
- Understanding of SoC-level design.
- Evidence of driving technical innovation.
- Strong communication skills.
Design and implement secure kernel technologies, drivers, and supporting infrastructure. Work with multi-functional teams to bring up, debug, and verify security infrastructure for new platforms, products, and prototype systems. Help define the software roadmap for new security features and supporting a range of hardware platforms, including iPhone, iPad, AppleWatch, AppleTV, iPod, and Mac. Contribute to security requirements and features for future hardware and custom silicon.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's or Masters degree in computer science or related field
- Experience with ARM based SoC's