Your nutritional know-how can help patients in your community live happier, healthier lives.
Sodexo is seeking a Registered Dietitian to join their team at the Medical University of South Carolina. This Metabolic Dietitian will provide comprehensive nutrition services for patients with inborn errors of metabolism through clinical practice, education, advocacy and research.
Reporting to the Clinical Nutrition Manager the Metabolic Dietitian will:
- Be a Registered Dietitian with three years experience
- Five years of experience in pediatric clinical nutrition preferred. (PKU preferred)
- Master's Degree preferred
- Provide nutrition therapy for patients with inborn errors of metabolism utilizing ongoing laboratory data, food records, and growth patterns as the basis for determining dietary recommendations.
- Work 90% outpatient and 10% inpatient
- Interpret medical, laboratory and dietary parameters to calculate prescriptions for special diets and medical foods.
- Maintain records of patients, dietary prescriptions, analyses, growth and nutritional status and education/counseling sessions.
- Participate as an interdisciplinary team member of the Metabolic Team.
- Provide consultative services to outside agencies and physicians for patients who are hospitalized or have special medical needs in conjunction with the GGC biochemical geneticist.
- Provide patient education on both an inpatient and outpatient service basis and develop new approaches for educating patients and families.
- Participate in research and quality improvement projects.
- Teach nutrition, nursing, genetic counseling, and medical students, and residents about diet therapy of genetic metabolic disorders.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- Are a Registered Dietitian eligible for SC licensure;
- Ability to create a caring, compassionate relationship with the patients and families
- Ability to collaborate with the healthcare team to use evidence-based practice in providing care.
- Trained to adhere to medications or therapies with complex protocols.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Experience with EPIC electronic medical record or willingness to learn.
- Experience providing telehealth or willingness to learn how to provide telehealth.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability and willingness to travel within state of South Carolina
- Ability to work independently.
To learn more visit: https://bit.ly/30GkRBY
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Sodexo is committed to providing working conditions and client services that are safe and healthy and will follow all applicable COVID-19 prevention measures, including state/local or client-mandated mask, testing and/or vaccine requirements.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Nutrition and Wellness positions in a variety of business segments, including Schools, Universities, Healthcare, Personal and Home Health Services, and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Nutrition jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Responsible for providing direct comprehensive nutrition services including those for complex needs.
-Directs nutrition care of special needs population to ensure nutrition needs and customer satisfaction levels are met.
-Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction to ensure account retention.
-Manages, promotes, and educates others on food and nutrition programs according to Sodexo standards and policy.
-Collaborates and communicates with culinary and clinical departments on established processes, special diets, and menu requests and probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexo resource when necessary.
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., -HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel) by keep abreast of the most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
-Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to other departments. .
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in health care including hospitals, nursing homes, assisted or independent living facilities, long-term care, retirement homes, or clinics + registered dietitian
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.