Temporary - Full-Time
Use your best in class housekeeping/custodial management skills to make a real impact on patient healing.
Sodexo is seeking a full time Manager 2, Regional Operations Support (ROS) to provide Environmental Services / Custodial support for our PA market at Grand View Hospital managing a team of 9 at 2 sites. The shift can vary due to the business needs of the unit. This position could last for up to 3 months to support a leave of absence at this hospital. This is a full time, temporary position with the potential to move to permanent. While in this full time support role, you are encouraged to apply to permanent positions at any Sodexo location. The successful candidate will know Sodexo systems and is willing to travel in the surrounding area as the business dictates. The successful candidate will need to be flexible to work a variety of shifts while supervising the EVS department for daily, weekly and monthly cleaning. Candidates must be conscientious and be able to motivate and train the team to deliver World Class results.
**Please note: this health system facility requires a COVID-19 vaccine and flu shot to work at this location.
Overall expectation is to have good client, customer, and employee relations. This position supports this progressive organization by providing leadership for our Environmental team in the delivery of safe, sanitary and innovative services to our patients, customers and hospital employees in a variety of settings. Hours will vary depending on the business needs of the unit. Prior Environmental Services/housekeeping experience is required, must be results driven, understand employee engagement, and be committed to a winning culture. The successful candidate will have experience with EPIC, bed tracking, patient satisfaction, and possess strong computer skills. Preferred candidates will have experience in Environmental Services, Hotels housekeeping and/or Custodial Services, military service, and excellent customer service skills. Sodexo is seeking a true self-starter who can lead a team under minimal supervision.
The successful candidate will:
- be responsible for driving client and patient satisfaction scores;
- provide a clean and safe environment for patients, visitors and staff and works closely with the Infectious Control department;
- work with the Environment of Care Committee and Infection Prevention Director;
- effectively manages the Unit Operating System; and/or
- support a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have experience leading and managing a team and is a leader who develops and motivates a team to exceed the expectations of clients and customers in service and the technical execution of a health care housekeeping system;
- have experience driving customer service and/or guest satisfaction results in a health care environment is preferred;
- possess strong leadership skills and can work independently to drive program compliance and reach project target dates of completion;
- can analyze data, present and effectively communicate to all levels within the organization related to training, leading hospital committees and change management;
- have experience effectively managing projects within agreed upon timelines;
- are results and safety driven;
- have in-depth knowledge of housekeeping systems and procedures;
- have experience improving patient satisfaction, and driving full compliance to HCAHPS, local, state and Joint Commission standards;
- have 3-5 years previous custodial / housekeeping or similar management experience., in a hospital, health care experience preferred but not required;
- can multi-task and set priorities;
- are proficient with computers and other technology
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Environmental Service/Housekeeping positions in Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for ES/Housekeeping jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities. Our Sodexo Health Care Environmental Services/Housekeeping teams work to direct housekeeping operations at health care client locations, partnering with them to deliver innovative solutions. These teams also have responsibility for driving client satisfaction by providing stellar customer service via effective communication with all levels of hospital staff, as well as follow-through with action items that impact both client and patient satisfaction. At Sodexo Health Care, patients are the heart of everything we do. Our ability to create a clean, healthy and comfortable environment for hospitals is key to the full patient experience.
The Manager II, Regional Operations Support (ROSI) has overall responsibility, or a portion of an on-sight operations area (ie Food, ES, Clinical, Culinary, Facilities, CTM) as assigned by the Client executive. In this role, the ROSI has direct accountability for executing Sodexo systems, programs, resources, tools, and talent management that drives operational excellence and our service commitments that are: Predictable, Reliable, and Repeatable
Client / Customer Service - 20%
- Navigates the client organization through effective communication while influencing and persuading at multiple levels. Seeks to collaborate for win-win outcomes.
- Provide effective communication for clients and customers to ensure excellent customer service.
- Effectively partners with client and Sodexo employees to drive successful outcomes.
- Complies with all client policies and procedures.
Operational Excellence - 40%
- Owns, drives, and measures operational excellence outcomes of Sodexo and client.
- Effectively deploys, embeds and ensures Sodexo standardized processes are in place.
- Creates a continuous quality improvement culture that drives operational efficiencies.
- Drives change and creates a culture where change is embraced and operationalized.
- Utilizes all operational processes to drive continuous improvement and celebrate successes.
Analysis & Decision Making - 20%
- Utilizes tools within Sodexo Healthcare to drive and manage middle of the page (Labor Expense, Raw Materials) to deliver positive outcomes.
- Accountable for effective utilization of labor resources.
- Analyses data to engage in data driven decision making using data, logic, benchmarking, and leading practices in decision making to determine best solutions for the business.
- Effective risk management by ensuring consistent regulatory and legal compliance.
- Compliance with supply chain management requirements.
- Understands and effectively manages unit finances in the Sodexo budgets.
- Sets operational goals with key metrics and ensures quick analysis of variances to ensure a prompt resolution and mitigate adverse impact on our clients or our performance.
- Delivers predictable top and bottom-line results at the site, relentless focus on driving efficiency, and makes difficult decisions.
- Effectively delegates operational responsibilities to appropriate individuals / positions.
- Follows best practices in decision making to determine best solutions for the business.
Safety - 10%
- Ensures that individuals performing service-related tasks have the competence to do so without putting the health and safety of themselves or others at risk.
- Behaviors include: Working as a team for safety
- Communicating Effectively for Safety
- Managing Safety Risks
- Optimizing Human and Environmental Factors
- Recognizing, respond and reporting incidents
- Adherence to all operational safety practices and protocols
- Drives a safety culture throughout the team
Talent - 10%
- Ability to effectively manage aspects of Human Resources (ie. Leadership, People Management, Employee Relations, etc) to support individual and team development and drive operational outcomes.
- Creates a culture of continuous learning and development for self and those within the unit assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in facilities (e.g., maintenance, plant operations, engineering services, grounds, custodial/environmental, or transportation) or food (e.g., food services or operations, concessions, retail sales, store operations, or vending) services, CTM, or Clinical Nutrition
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.