Your nutritional know-how can help patients in your community live happier, healthier lives.
Sodexo is seeking an Outpatient Registered Dietitian to join their dynamic team at the Mohawk Valley Health System located in Utica, NY. This position will provide outpatient nutritional counseling within their designated Eat Right. Live Right. Nutritional Counseling Program. The dietitian will provide consultation on a wide variety of conditions, including but not limited to weight management, heart disease, renal disease, gastrointestinal disorders, food allergies, disordered eating, and diabetes.
No Weekends or Holidays!
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate a great clinical knowledge base in providing one-on-one Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) with clients of all ages;
- Collaborate with physicians and nursing regarding the patients' overall nutritional plan of care;
- Stay up-to-date with evidenced based practice regarding the management of acute and chronic conditions;
- Participate in health fairs, community events, and wellness initiatives by developing and delivering presentations as needed to support client goals;
- Provide direction for planning program strategic goals, standards of the brand and maintaining effective communication with other managers and inter-department liaisons;
- Provide proficient use of the electronic medical record to process referrals, schedule patients, complete nutritional documentation, and bill for services provided;
- Complete monthly revenue reports and data tracking logs; and
- Be knowledgeable regarding insurance coverage information.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- Registered Dietitian credentials and Certified Dietitian/Nutritionist (CDN)
- Work experience as an RD (outpatient counseling preferred but not required);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders at all levels;
- The proven ability to effectively engage, motivate and influence others regarding their nutrition;
- Strong presentation skills;
- Demonstrated the ability to manage competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the role;
- Strong time management skills, financial budgeting and organizational skills; and
- A commitment to continued education in the nutrition field and implementation of new and innovative ideas
Absent a legally recognized exception, MVHS requires a COVID-19 vaccine to work at this location.
Learn more about the Eat Right. Live Right. Program at the Mohawk Valley Health System at https://mvhealthsystem.org/
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Nutrition and Wellness positions in a variety of business segments, including Schools, Universities, Health Care, Personal and Home Health Services, and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Nutrition jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Responsible for providing direct comprehensive nutrition services
-Directs nutrition care of special needs population to ensure nutrition needs and customer satisfaction levels are met.
-Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction to ensure account retention.
-Manages, promotes, and educates others on food and nutrition programs according to Sodexo standards and policy.
-Collaborates and communicates with culinary and clinical departments on established processes, special diets, and menu requests and probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexo resource when necessary.
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel) by keep abreast of the most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
-Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to other departments..
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree
Basic Functional Experience - 1 year work experience in health care including hospitals, nursing homes, assisted or independent living facilities, long-term care, retirement homes, or clinics + registered dietitian
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.