Hampton Lumber is a family-owned wood products company headquartered in Portland, Oregon. With over 1,700 employees, we operate ten sawmills in Western Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia. We also manage timberland and operate a wholesale and export division. With nearly 80 years in the sawmill business, we are proud to have cultivated the knowledge and experience needed to grow and prosper, even in challenging times. We always look to the future and invest in our people, new technologies, and continuous improvement processes and techniques.
Will have the ability to establish a working relationship with maintenance, production, and management personnel to achieve the goals of the organization. Must understand the mechanics of working machinery, be able to install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair equipment and facilities. Ability to understand and work with work order systems, machine histories, scheduling, warehousing, and related maintenance fields.
Generous company-paid assistance for Medical and Dental insurance premiums; cost-effective co-pays & deductibles. Vision, Short Term Disability, Roth and pre-tax 401k, with a 2% company match and an additional 5% annual employer contribution, fully vested after three years.
- Maintain, install, troubleshoot and repair equipment and Plant facilities.
- Assist production personnel with any material flow related problems.
- Maintain open lines of communication with all facility departments and personnel necessary to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment and facilities.
- Ensure all documentation is kept up to date.
- Comply with all Company work and safety rules and related industry regulations.
- Have a thorough working knowledge of mechanical operations used in the industry and be able to maintain, install, repair and troubleshoot all systems, equipment and facilities.
- Maintain a working relationship with maintenance, production and management personnel.
- Possess the necessary skills and aptitudes required to operate maintenance tools and related machinery.
- Ability to learn to operate all facility equipment to the degree needed for troubleshooting and testing.
- Assist production personnel to maintain the flow of product.
- Work necessary overtime as required.
- Be willing to learn new skills needed to maintain updated machinery and/or facilities.
- Willing to improve or change personal work habits to adjust to new situations.
- Be willing to make any suggestions that will improve or enhance the facility.
- Maintain open lines of communication with all facility departments and personnel necessary to ensure proper operation and maintenance of systems, equipment and facilities.
- Take a leadership role in completion of the task at hand or work assignments.
- Minimum of 2 years in a maintenance position or comparable experience/training.
- Proficiently weld, cut, troubleshoot equipment and systems, maintain all working components, operate machinery, understand pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Use all tools related to the trade proficiently and have the ability to acquire your own tools throughout employment
- Good communication skills.
- A successful candidate will have the ability to establish a working relationship with maintenance, production and management personnel to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Ability to work overtime when required to maintain, install or repair equipment or facilities.
- Ability to understand and comply with work order systems, machine histories, scheduling, warehousing
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- State classification as a Journeyman Millwright is preferred but not required.
More About Us
Learn more at hamptonlumber.com, or follow us on Facebook: @HamptonLumber. You can also learn about our company and our priorities by visiting our blog.
Hampton Lumber is an equal opportunity employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Disability accommodation available: If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact the Human Resources Office for the location you are applying.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please see these government posters: EEO is the Law and its accompanying temporary supplement.