The Greater Amsterdam School District currently seeks:
Interim High School Principal
High School Special Education Teachers
Middle School Social Worker
Middle School Math Teacher & AIS Math Teacher
High School & Elementary ENL/ESOL Teachers
LTS Elementary Music Teacher
Teaching Assistants (All Grades)
Lunch Aides (PT)
School Bus Drivers
Floater Building Substitutes
GASD's believes that students of all ages can and should learn. We believe that the purpose of our schools is the education of the whole child. To that end, we recognize and promote the opportunities for increased learning that come from improving one’s self esteem, maintaining partnerships with the home and business community, celebrating the community’s cultural diversity, achieving high expectations of excellence in all areas, and we accept the responsibility to provide equality and equity in teaching each student in an environment conducive to learning.
We offer meaningful careers, and a generous benefit package that includes:
- 10- & 12-month schedule positions
- For 10-month schedules – opportunity for Professional Development/continued education throughout the year and over the summer, opportunity for additional income for coaching sports and student club supports.
- Paid Time Off based on calendar schedule.
- Several Co-pay-based health insurance plans to pick from and available day one.
- Membership in the New York State Teachers’ or Employees’ Retirement System based on position.
- Yearly salary increases based on negotiated contracts.
To learn more about the district and the positions qualifications, go to www.gasd.org/employment or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Greater Amsterdam School District is eager to consider applications from traditionally underrepresented groups and individuals who believe in the critical importance of diversity in the life of a school.