* $1,000 sign on bonus for all external hires *
Riverside Medical Group is the premier medical practice in New Jersey serving patients in Hudson, Bergen, Passaic, Essex, Middlesex, Burlington, and Camden counties. We have over 60 locations and 180 board certified medical providers specializing in Adult Medicine, Pediatrics, ENT, Foot & Ankle, Gastroenterology, Rheumatology, Cardiology, Behavioral Health, Physical Therapy, Allergy & Immunology, Developmental Health, Pain Management, Chiropractic and Optometry. We recently became part of OptumCare—the health care delivery part of Optum, backed by the scale and resources of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies.
As a National Committee for Quality Assurance "Level III- Patient Centered Medical Home," Riverside is able to provide patient-focused precision medical care to the entire family and is committed to providing patients with the highest quality medical care.
In addition to providing the highest quality of care, Riverside offers its patients the best hours of operation of any private practice in the country. Patients have around-the-clock access to a health-care team and have the benefit of same day and walk in appointments. As an advocate for prenatal health and education, Riverside offers prenatal classes every weekend free of charge. Riverside believes in giving back to their community and the patients they serve through health fairs, charitable giving/foundation, and free medical education.
Riverside Medical Group, a part of Optum - a UnitedHealth Group Company, is seeking a Medical Assistant to join our growing team in NJ. We are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world, a Fortune 5 Company, and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Prepares the patient for the Medical Provider’s examination by obtaining vital signs and patient history
- Prepares and maintains the examination and treatment areas
- Prepares the patient for and assisting with the examinations, procedures and treatments
- Maintains medication and immunization records
- Performs sterilization techniques and an inventory of supplies and equipment
- Understands proper function and care of special equipment
- Performs routine maintenance and calibration of administrative and clinical equipment
- Administers vaccines and other injections where applicable
- Organizes and maintains medical records
- Cooperates with other RMG employees to achieve specific team goals
- To the extent requested by the Medical Provider, RMG Medical Assistants are also responsible for certain follow-up with patients, such as ensuring specialist appointments are scheduled and referrals are prepared
- All RMG employees are expected to keep abreast of current medical requirements relevant to their position, which includes maintaining patient confidentiality and abiding by all HIPPA and OSHA requirements
- Assist with front desk and other duties as assigned
- Weekend shifts in rotation may be required
This is a full time position with:
- Full Medical Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- 401k with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Discount Program
- and more...
- Medical Assistant Certification (or attain Certification within 90 days from employment start date.) If MA Certification is not attained in the 90 day period, employee will be required to change job roles and be redeployed to a different office/specialty per business need
- Basic computer and word-processing skills
- Bilingual English / Spanish
- High school diploma or GED
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status
- Proof of immunity to vaccine-preventable diseases is an employment requirement
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Medical Assistant Certification
- 1+ year experience working as a Medical Assistant performing front and clinical back office duties including phlebotomy, injections, obtaining vital signs and recording medical history
- MD office work experience
- Medical Assistant Degree / Diploma
- Knowledge of Epic EMR software
The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealth Care or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Keywords: MA, Medical Assistant, CMA, RMA, Certified Medical Assistant, Riverside Medical Group, Optum, UnitedHealth Group, New Jersey, NJ