IS&T University Programs Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jan 6, 2022
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200326513
As an Information Systems & Technology (IS&T) University Programs Project Manager, you are responsible for ensuring that the University Programs are delivered consistently, efficiently and with a high level of quality across all major IS&T regions. Current IS&T University Programs include summer internships, the IT Development Program (ITDP) job rotations and the Early Career Development Program (ECDP). This role involves close partnership with the Director of Strategy & Programs, the University Programs' Manager as well as leaders from across IS&T who support and leverage these programs to identify amazing diverse talent from Universities. This role also partners closely with University Relations, People/HR, We Are Against Racism & Discrimination (WARD) and the communications/events teams. This important role will work with many University representatives and students through university events to find intern candidates, participating in interviews and the selection processes, tracking the participants' movement from rotation to rotation, end-to-end coordination of international rotations, planning the summer interns' program of events, and many other responsibilities. Working with others to build strong relationships, being open to feedback and continually striving for ways to improve the programs are essential traits to succeed in this team! Knowledge of Apple's IS&T organization and the University programs' experience is a plus. The ideal candidate will have a collaborative work style, be exceptionally well-organized, able to effectively multi-task, prioritize and take initiative.
- Experience with project coordination
- Excellent organization skills, acute attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced and time-sensitive environment, while managing competing priorities
- Exceptional written and verbal skills with the ability to work with groups across functions
- Strong problem solving skills and demonstrated resourcefulness
- Demonstrates an ability to anticipate needs and changes, make sound judgement, then react with the best interest of the business in mind
- Ability to influence others; handle conflict appropriately, know when to delegate issues upward and when to apply common sense
- Must be highly motivated and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Preferably passionate about Apple and possesses a "can-do" attitude for all situations, no task too big or too small to handle
- Ideally enjoys and thrives in social environments and comfortable engaging on the individual and crowd level
- Seen as a coach and mentor to others
- Experience in the recruiting coordination process
- Experience in Pages, Numbers, Keynote and Excel highly preferred
Start Primary duties include: - Working closely with the IT Development Program (ITDP) Director to support any and all needs of the program to provide an excellent experience to its participants and all IS&T managers. - Tracking ITDP participants through the program as they move from rotation to rotation. - End-to-end, high touch coordination of international rotations. - Organizing and driving all events for ITDP and for the IS&T Intern program. - Participating in the recruiting process for summer intern candidates in order to hire exceptional interns from top schools. - Participating in the recruiting process for the Early Career Development Program (ECDP) to find excellent, newly graduated college students for IS&T managers.
Education & Experience
The successful candidate should have proven experience as well as a BA/BS.