Friday, January 7, 2022
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visitwww.gannett.com
Senior Accountant, Benefits
Gannett is seeking a Senior Accountant, Corporate Benefits Accounting, to support the daily, monthly and annual accounting activities and external filings related to all of Gannett's employee benefit programs. This position will be responsible for performing various corporate general ledger accounting activities. The successful candidate will regularly interact with Corporate Accounting management, Human Resources, and internal and external auditors. This position reports to the Manager, Corporate Benefits Accounting.
In this role you will:
- Assist with month-end close process by preparing and analyzing monthly journal entries, analyzing financial results.
- Reconcile and analyze assigned balance sheet accounts to supporting documentation and demonstrate initiative to resolve reconciling items.
- Assist the Manager, Corporate Benefits Accounting and Financial Planning and Analysis with expense analysis, forecast and monthly variance analysis.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls, policies and procedures.
Support the internal and external audits for the company as well as employee benefit plans.
- Be a resource for the Corporate departments to assist them with their accounting and finance needs including general ledger coding of expenses, identifying and processing monthly expense accruals and providing support for quarterly and annual external financial reporting.
- Perform other special projects as assigned.
Heres what you need:
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting
- 5+ years of accounting experience
- CPA qualification preferred
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office skills.
- General ledger knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley requirements
- Must be detail oriented, organized and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with emphasis on superior customer service
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. As such, we will consider all qualified applicants for employment and do not discriminate in connection with employment decisions on the basis of an applicant or employees race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance (including height and weight), sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), education, genetic characteristics or information, political affiliation, military or veteran status or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state and local laws in the jurisdictions where Gannett employs employees.
In addition, Gannett Co., Inc. will provide applicants who require a reasonable accommodation, as a result of an applicants disability or religion, to complete this employment application and/or any other process in connection with an individuals application for employment with Gannett Co., Inc. Applicants who require such accommodation should contact Gannett Co., Inc.s Recruitment Department at Recruit@gannett.com.
Finance & Accounting