Sodexo Government Services has an exciting opportunity for a Food Production Manager 2 to be part of a growing division. The Food Production Manager 2 will lead the food production and inventory management at Nellis Air Force Base located in Las Vegas, NV. There is great satisfaction from serving those that serve and it is core to our mission to "Improve the Quality of Daily Life for Everyone We Serve." This position will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of an Air Force Dining Facility serving Airmen, their families, retirees, government, and contractor employees.
The Food Production Manager 2 will report to the general manager and will function as the lead manager in the kitchen and will direct kitchen staff. Additionally, the candidate will accurately and efficiently manage the storeroom operations and inventory management to include forecasting, and ordering required to meet all productions needs in the dining facility.
The successful candidate will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations;
- deliver high quality food service;
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- develop strategic plans;
- create a positive environment; and/or
- ensure Sodexo standards are met.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement and leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- have a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- have high volume food service experience;
- have contract food service experience, preferred;
- can manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and have a passion for a high level of customer service; and/or
- prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed.
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.
Responsible for inventory management and procurement of food and supplies at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Manages food production through kitchen staff in a medium facility. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through cost containment and safety.
- Utilizes Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and programs to direct daily operations including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.