Responsible for processing various incoming calls for members and potential members in accordance with policies, procedures, quality standards, and federal laws and regulations. Provide information and assistance concerning the credit union and its products and services, ensuring the highest quality of member service.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists members over the telephone with questions about their accounts, products and services.
- Resolve account problems, within authority, and refer problems outside authority to management along with recommendations.
- Maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all credit union products and services that are handled or promoted by Call Center Representatives. Maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all related policies and procedures, rules and regulations.
- Verify accounts, process member requests to close accounts, process stop payments on share draft accounts, order cards.
- Establish a good working relationship with team members and other department contacts in order to maintain and continuously strive to improve the level of overall service being provided.
- Answer questions regarding share accounts, share drafts, VISA credit cards, IRA's, loans, etc.
- Mail, fax, or e-mail approved documents to members as requested.
- Answer all incoming calls within three rings.
- Assist other departments in making outbound calls when necessary.
- Promote, explain, and cross-sell all credit union products and services.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be fluent in speaking both English and Spanish languages
- Intermediate PC knowledge with basic Microsoft Office skills
- Up to one year of similar or related customer service experience
- Ability to comfortably read and write in both English and Spanish languages
- Computerized phone system experience
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills while using a pleasant tone and common conversational courtesies
- Good interpersonal skills to include being courteous, diplomatic, and tactful
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to handle a high volume of phone calls in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multitask when necessary
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
This job description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position.
Family Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate or allow harassment against a person because of race, color, ethnicity, age, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability or condition, military or veteran status, genetic information or other protective status.
Board Approved June 19, 2018
Customer Service Representatives
High School or Equivalent
1 to 20+ years