Machine Learning Lead Engineer, Computational Music
Portland , Oregon , United States
Machine Learning and AI
Posted: Jan 7, 2022
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200329951
Apple's Computational Music team is looking for a ML Lead Engineer to advance technologies around music understanding and analysis. We perform both exploratory and targeted algorithms research and development in a dynamic small team environment. Our projects apply machine learning and signal processing to support technologies used by millions of customers each day.
- Proven ability to lead technical projects to completion; building technical requirements, data acquisition, software design, iterative implementation, evaluation, and successful deliveries.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively within in a cross-functional environment
- Excellent programming skills in Python
- Solid fundamentals in mathematics for machine learning
- Extensive understanding of deep learning algorithms, network architectures, and supervised and unsupervised modeling techniques
- Hands-on experience working with deep learning toolkits such as PyTorch, Tensorflow, etc
- Interest in the intersection of music and technology
Working with team leaders you will contribute to defining the technical vision and strategy of ML-centric projects and you will play a key role in guiding all technical aspects of the roadmap execution. You will lead research engineers to develop music understanding and analysis algorithms through hands-on design and implementation work, quality assessment and setting examples of high quality engineering standards. We would love to see examples of prior work you are proud of; feel free to point us to your GitHub repository or equivalent if you have one.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent working experience.