Are you a strategic Facilities professional who can drive innovation with extraordinary results? As you grow your career, do you want the support of an industry leader in Facilities Management?
Sodexo is hiring a Facilities Operations Manager to oversee the Ambulatory care centers within the University Hospitals Health System. This Manager will have oversight of 20+ facilities located on the east side of Cleveland.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 125,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 9,000 client sites and more than 15 million customers a day in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, health care and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities.
- Handling preventative, Predictive maintenance and Ad Hoc repair of skilled and not skilled trades (e.g., HVAC, plumbing, electrical, utilities).
- Hiring, training and supervision of staff, professionals and management.
- Ensuring a safe and efficient working environment, essential to the performance of the business.
- Leading construction work and other core Sodexo services, and/or logistics of business/operations services (e.g., groundskeeping).
- Proven Facilities management experience in a hospital/healthcare environment is preferred;
- Strong technical knowledge of the following: mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, structural, fire protection, safety systems, civil, low voltage, demolition, architectural and energy management;
- Regulatory compliance/life safety experience is a plus;
- Excellent customer service and communication skills;
- Staff development and team building experience;
- A Bachelor's degree or relevant experience preferred.
Back up to GM; 2nd in command;
Supervises the account as the #2 manager and has full responsibility including supervision of other managers. Responsible for entire account when the Director of Facilities Ops is not present.
Two scenarios for this position in Univ.:
A) Has all facilities rolling up - Custodial / maintenance and grounds, and FM who reports to GM; very large integrated operation.
B) Mega account - multiple managers of maintenance; PM function; other specific managers - unifying position.
- Manage other managers; manage by walking around (rounding); Staffs, trains, and is responsible for employee development
- client interface;
- payroll oversight;
- budgetary oversight on some services;
- Oversees and coordinates projects
- Manages work orders/CMMS
- Manages mechanicals (i.e. HVAC)
- Manages QA and Safety
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in facilities maintenance, plant operations or engineering services
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.