A passion for helping people and attention to detail are the hallmarks of your success.
Join a team where you can make a difference!
Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef 4 for Brandeis University in Waltham, MA. Candidate will be responsible for budgets, menu planning/costing, client interaction, inventory, and guest interaction. Campus Executive Chef at Brandeis. Brandeis University has two Dining Commons and multiple retail locations. Experienced Executive Chefs with excellent business acumen and professional polish are encouraged to apply!
The successful candidate will:
- implement and standardize all culinary systems and procedures for universities: Catering, Retail menus, LTO'S, STG, Mindful, garnishing, panning charts, production, puree standardization, FMS sheets, inventory control, HACCP, cleaning schedules, staffing plans, presentation and quality of food, kitchen cleanliness, safety, etc. Sodexo standards will be the benchmark;
- FMS: monitoring, Audits, implementation and standardization for new menus;
- be responsible for Food and Physical Safety and annual training for all hourly associates;
- Gold Check audits: conduct audits, create action plans based on audit findings. Responsible for keeping and updating GC audit books;
- Procurement: Work with vendors on procurement items. Responsible for purchasing manager and purchasing financial audits;
- improve and standardize catering and banquet services, create menus based on client needs;
- implement innovative and fresh ideas in retail & catering.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- strong management skills and previous experience working in a high-volume facility;
- high end catering and dining experience and a passion for culinary arts;
- a strong production culinary background, ideally in an up-scale restaurant/retail/catering environment;
- experience leading and engaging a culinary team, with exceptional human resource and supervisory/management skillset;
- menu planning experience and a strong understanding of current culinary trends;
- proven to effectively communicate to multiple audiences and develop strong relationships with customers;
- the ability to multitask and proven effectiveness in a high-standards driven environment;
- a strong understanding of forecasting, food cost management, purchasing, inventory and labor management concepts;
- the ability to successfully lead, develop and train a team;
- creative and effective problem-solving and project management skills;
- proficient computer skills as well as exceptional organizational and customer services skills;
- Servsafe certified as well as working knowledge of HACCP and experience with Health and Safety audits; and/or
- C.E.C. (Certified Executive Chef) a plus.
Directs daily operations of food production, including menu planning, purchasing, ordering, inventory food preparation, post meal analysis and record keeping. Ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory, and resources to perform their jobs and meet goals and deadlines.
Establishes operating standards, implements and maintains Sodexo and branded concepts standards, creates quality improvements and communicates them to employees.
Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. HACCP, quality assurance, safety, operations, personnel, SoSafe and EcoSure).
Trains other chefs/staff on culinary skills through day to day trainings as well the use of Culinary Foundations trainings and standards, and serves as technical expert.
Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction for all aspects of food production to ensure account retention.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.