Founded in 1912, the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology (FASEB) is the nations largest coalition of biomedical researchers, representing 30 scientific societies and over 130,000 individual researchers from around the world. FASEB is now recognized as the voice of advocacy for biological and biomedical research scientists.
FASEB is seeking a Marketing and Communications Coordinator to coordinate, execute, and monitor FASEBs marketing and communications efforts, promoting FASEB and its programs and services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Helps coordinate and execute email campaigns for various FASEB programs, services, and eventsdrafting and formatting emails, meeting deadlines, following timelines, and affirming uniformity of content and messaging
- Drafts social media posts and assists with execution of social media campaigns
- Helps develop marketing collateral for FASEB events, services, and programs that aligns with FASEB brand standards
- Works with staff to update website content and develop relevant, meaningful content, maintaining FASEBs content strategy and web standards
Creates landing/splash pages to assist in marketing and communications efforts
- Reviews and monitors quality of email distribution lists, creating lists as needed or requested
- Tracks and reports email and social media analytics
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Communications, or Journalism
- 1 - 3 years experience or equivalent combination of education and marketing/communications experience.
- Oral and written communication, with an emphasis on writing for the web and social media
- Interpersonal skills and customer service
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines on time, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Familiarity with graphic design platforms (e.g., Photoshop, Canva, PicMonkey)
- Familiarity with email platforms
- Familiarity with a content management system
- Possible work-related assignments on weekends
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. FASEB offers exceptional benefits including professional development opportunities, 403-B retirement, medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and free parking.
This position is located in Rockville, Maryland, and in walking distance to Metro and on major bus lines. FASEB has an established telework policy and while staff is currently working remotely, when the office re-opens, on-site work will be required.
For more information and to apply, visit http://www.faseb.org/employment.
Please send your resume with salary requirements in your cover letter.
Individuals with disabilities:
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact FASEBs Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about FASEB, please visit https://faseb.org/
FASEB is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.