Multiple positions as Group Life Coordinators at MacLaren Youth Correctional Facility in Woodburn, Oregon. Your role as the group life coordinator (GLC) ensures a safe and secure environment for the public, youth, and staff. The GLC provides pro-social role modeling by working directly with youth carrying out the specific day to day functions of each unit. This includes:
- Provide daily supervision, control and treatment of adjudicated youth at OYA and youth from Department of Corrections in a secure correctional facility.
- Coaching, confronting, and correcting the behavior of the youth.
- Observing, evaluating, and recording youth behavior, attitude, and performance. You will record their attendance and participation in treatment groups, recreations, vocational/educational activities, and/or community service and document unusual incidents and critical events.
- Prepare Youth Incident Reports (YIRs)
- Assign, train, and supervise youth who are performing chores on living units and jobs within the facility (e.g., maintenance, kitchen, laundry, landscaping, janitorial, etc.)
- Assist with treatment of youth and facility programs.
- Observe and monitor youth offenders for suicide prevention and potential health and safety risks.
- Conduct security inspections and searches of facility, grounds, and state vehicles.
- Conduct searches of the youth and youth’s property.
- Verbally and/or physically intervene to control youth behavior. Physically restrain youth as necessary.
- Administer medication to youth (under the training and indirect supervision of medical staff) and maintain contact with medical staff to ensure appropriate medical care for the youth.
- May provide secure transport of youth to appointments within the community.
- Multiple Positions: This recruitment announcement will be used to establish a list of qualified candidates to fill current vacancies - permanent, full-time, part-time and temporary positions.
- Under-fill: The goal of this recruitment is to fill this position at a GLC2 level. However, we encourage candidates who meet the minimum qualifications for a GLC1 ($2,852.00 - $4,217.00 monthly/$16.45 - $24.33 hourly) to apply, as we may consider under-filling the position until the selected candidate meets the minimum qualifications for a GLC2. Under-fill training will not exceed one year.
- Representation: This position is represented by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU/OPEU).
We offer a great work/life balance with flexible work schedules on most positions and a competitive benefits package, including low-cost, high-coverage health insurance, generous time-off, and a competitive retirement plan.
Salary: $3,345.00 - $5,091.00 monthly / $19.30 - $29.37 hourly. Salary normally starts at first step.
To read the full job description and the application process, click APPLY NOW.