Sr. Build and Release Engineering Project Manager
Pittsburgh , Pennsylvania , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jan 10, 2022
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200328843
We're idealists. Inventors. Forever tinkering with products and processes, always on the lookout for better. Whether you work at our global offices, offsite, or even at home, a job at Apple will be demanding. But it also rewards forward-thinking, creative thinking and hard work. And none of us here would have it any other way. Does an exciting, dynamic, fast paced and pressure-filled environment catch your attention? Do you like puzzles and determining solutions that are not obvious? Terrific! Consider joining us. The Apps team is looking for an amazing Build and Release Engineering Project Manager to drive Productivity Apps builds across Apple platforms. We are looking for someone who thrives on taming complex release pipelines, takes ownership, and is committed to delivering great products.
- You will be a versatile problem solver, equipped with strong analytical approach to various kinds of challenges in complex environments. Adept at creative and critical thinking, you are able to deconstruct problems and lead the teams to solutions. You are a self starter with a strong sense of personal responsibility and a technical orientation.
- 3+ years of project management and/or build and release management
- Technical understanding of development tools, source control, artifact management, and continuous integration build systems, e.g. Xcode, GitHub, Artifactory, Jenkins
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially the ability to filter and distill meaningful information to the right audience
- You are someone who appreciates and enjoys the technical challenges that can exist in delivering software
- Experience with Agile development methodologies, i.e. Scrum and Kanban
- Experience with iOS/macOS software development a plus
- Lead multi-functional teams and capture requirements for building and releasing apps - Provide prioritized information to Build Engineering on upcoming releases - Triage issues, and provide build operations support for Engineering and QA teams - Define and enforce policies to ensure successful builds and deployments - Provide daily/weekly reports on deployments - Monitor code commits in the repository to ensure proper features/bugs are being resolved - Help manage risk in the release endgame leading up to customer launch - Work to streamline complex development and deployment pipelines - You have experience with the software development life cycle and appreciate the importance of on time delivery, integrity of information, and commitment to ownership of deliverables. - You should be comfortable communicating with management, cross-functional and Engineering teams, and have the technical understanding to coordinate the details with the project team.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or other equivalent technical degree is required, with 3+ years of equivalent industry experience.
- This role can be based in Cupertino, CA or Pittsburgh, PA