Knowledge in landscape and construction material supply business preferred, but will train Familiar with various product lines and products for the landscaping industry. Possess excellent oral communication skills and positive interpersonal skills; self-motivated but can work as a team player. Able to maintain and enhance positive customer relations. You are organized, attentive to details, and excellent follow-up skills. You have good math skills. You have good computer experience using MS Office products and can quickly pick up on proprietary software. Dependable and Reliable. Bi-lingual a plus. Salary is negotiable based on experience.
Assist customers and contractors by providing quotes and product information, both in person and over the phone. Handle special orders and advanced pricing. Assist in establishing sales relationships to grow contractor account sales and assist walk-in customers. Respond to walk-in or telephone customer inquiries regarding product selection, placement of orders, requests for prices and quotations, complaints and scheduling of deliveries. Input customer orders, pricing information and additional data into the computer system. Operate and balance cash registers daily. Maintain an inviting, clean showroom with samples and up-to-date brochures.
Typical start time: 7AM
Typical end time: 5PM
Schedule: Monday to Friday, Weekends required
Working days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
Salary: $35,000 - $50,000 a year
Job Type: Full-time
Number of hires for this role:
- customer service with a background in landscape or construction industry (preferred)
- High school or Associates Degree
Full Job Description
If you have a passion for Customer Service and would enjoy working in the green industry, this is the job for you! The Inside Sales Representative will represent Landscape Materials by providing the highest level of customer service to commercial customers in purchasing materials, and residential customers requiring assistant in designing their home-based projects. Initially, this position will start off with learning the mechanics of our business by working with our in-house sales team to develop an understanding of what the procedures and requirements are in dealing with both contractors and residents on a daily and seasonal basis. Then you will need to develop business opportunity with these markets. Our goal is to brand the LMI name in these areas and establish a relationship with potential new customers to ensure confidence that we are a company they can trust.
What are the Key Job Responsibilities?
Working under general supervision, the Inside Sales Representative performs a variety of tasks.
- Ability to handle a high volume of inbound calls, while making outbound calls to close new and existing businesses throughout the entire day. Being able to juggle multiple calls at time and ability to transfer calls to departments.
- Building relationships with clients to ensure customer retention / return business.
- Ability to reach and exceed monthly revenue goals.
- Must be able to follow through with a sale from initial call to generation of final invoice.
- Provide the highest level of customer service in all situations.
- Must be polite and professional while assisting walk-in customers face-to-face.
- Manage time and duties to ensure branch and lot cleanliness.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
What is the Education and Experience Requirements?
- Associates Degree or higher (HS Diploma considered with work experience in the industry).
- Knowledge of basic Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Construction equipment knowledge a plus!
- Previous Rental-Style company a plus!
- Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus.
What are the Key Skills and Attributes necessary to be successful in the position?
Determination and Persistence
Ability to Work in Harmony with Co-Workers
Eager and Willing to Add to Their Knowledge Base and Skills
Jobs Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Job has some physical demands including Frequent lifting up to 25 lbs., occasional lifting up to 50 lbs., and infrequent lifting up to 75 lbs. Ability to climb over and into heavy equipment occasionally.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- Referral Program
- Vision Insurance
Our company provides safe practices and operating procedures at all times, and especially during COVID-19.
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Monday to Friday
- 10 hour shift
- Only full-time employees eligible
Click Apply to be considered today!