Tuesday, January 11, 2022
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visitwww.gannett.com
Head of Business Operations
Reviewed/reviewed.com, a part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is seeking a growth-minded, experienced leader to oversee our strategic planning and business operations.
You will report directly to the General Manager and serve as a partner with other senior leaders in running the company.
The most important traits youll bring are proven business judgment and the ability to help develop, communicate, and execute a clear plan with accountability for a high-growth business.
You will partner with all areas of the company as you focus on bringing people together to grow Reviewed.
Why you should apply:
You will be part of Revieweds management team and a direct report of the General Manager. You will drive company priorities and be responsible for overseeing execution and day-to-day performance. You will be a key leader of Reviewed, which is one of Gannetts digital growth disruptors. You are a results-oriented and mission-driven leader who gets excited about serving our customers and talking about the best products to buy.
- Serve as a thought partner to the GM in driving growth of the overall business and serving as an operational partner to other functional leaders in editorial, business development, audience, and product development.
- Lead process to develop new growth opportunities for Reviewed in partnership with Revieweds functional leaders.
- Manage the annual strategic planning process and drive performance through corporate goals and division KPIs.
- Guide business analyses to create an informed perspective on how to grow the business while controlling costs.
- Track a key set of industry competitors, applying best practices and new ideas to Revieweds business.
- Manage Revieweds financial planning and analysis, budgeting, new opportunity modeling, and tracking of financial performance with support from Gannetts shared Finance team.
- Work closely with Revieweds Business Intelligence team which is responsible for business and editorial data analysis, reporting, and insight generation.
- Partner with the Product team to drive innovation in our product development and define and execute a go-to market strategy for all new products and services.
- Operate with a laser focus on brand growth.
- Bachelor's or masters degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+ years experience in strategic leadership roles that also includes operational experience and P&L management.
- E-commerce, affiliate or publishing industry expertise required.
- Track record of developing new business lines and/or products from business plan to execution.
- High-growth organization history is preferred.
- Possess the drive to analyze and optimize results daily to understand business performance and opportunities for improvement.
- Strong business judgment, with experience in leading a high-growth business.
- A dynamic leader and colleague who inspires others to achieve outstanding results.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and in person with experience. communicating with senior executives.
- Passion for Revieweds mission and commitment to be a part of our innovation and growth.
- Employment is contingent on passing a pre-employment, post-offer background check.
How to Apply:
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, dont limit your upload to a resume; show us what youve done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
1. Your resume one to two pages.
2. A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
It is important that these items be assembled into a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
Our Work Environment:
If youre based in the Boston area, most of the work takes place in an open floor plan office, with several smaller meeting rooms and test labs throughout the building. If remote, youre expected to be accessible to the team throughout the day via face-to-face communication, email, phone, and Slack.
Buying stuff is easy. Buying the right thing is hard. Thats where we can help. Reviewed brings consumers the most trustworthy reviews available, written by our team of experts. We believe that tough, objective reviews are the best way to analyze products. We provide readers with insightful, practical, and entertaining stories that help them make informed decisions.
Reviewed is part of the USA TODAY Network, one of the largest news networks in the country, reaching over 150 million monthly unique visitors.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. As such, we will consider all qualified applicants for employment and do not discriminate in connection with employment decisions on the basis of an applicant or employees race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance (including height and weight), sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), education, genetic characteristics or information, political affiliation, military or veteran status or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state and local laws in the jurisdictions where Gannett employs employees.
In addition, Gannett Co., Inc. will provide applicants who require a reasonable accommodation, as a result of an applicants disability or religion, to complete this employment application and/or any other process in connection with an individuals application for employment with Gannett Co., Inc. Applicants who require such accommodation should contact Gannett Co., Inc.s Recruitment Department at Recruit@gannett.com.