Design Project Manager, Packaging, Marcom
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Jan 11, 2022
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200330048
Marcom is Apple's Global Marketing Communications group. We lead all of Apple's advertising and marketing efforts to ensure the considered development and execution of world-class communications. Design Project Managers in Packaging sit at the intersection of design and production. We steward projects from kick-off to launch, driving the team to meet critical milestones to ensure on-time completion. The DPM manages multiple, multi-faceted packaging projects simultaneously, and is responsible for ensuring successful transitions from creative to production, tracking project status and timing, identifying bottlenecks, scheduling key reviews, and enabling smooth workflow.
- You have at least five years of experience working with creative teams in an agency environment.
- Your time management and project management skills are excellent with a keen attention to detail.
- You learn rapidly and can accommodate frequent change, with proven effectiveness working under pressure.
- You are deeply curious, interested in "the how and the why".
- You have the ability to organize information quickly and at a high level to address potential roadblocks, and are solutions-minded and flexible.
- You have exemplary communication and negotiation skills and manage confidently through diplomacy.
- You have a keen understanding and appreciation of the creative development process and of the production process for print deliverables, preferably for packaging.
- You are an inventive and enthusiastic problem-solver, at ease working in a dynamic, fast-paced, complex organization.
Develop and maintain Packaging project timelines. Drive the team and all partners to complete critical deliverables. Support multiple projects with varying deadlines and deliverables, provide forward-thinking insight to work flow and resource impacts as timelines shift. Lead weekly project status meetings; create agendas & recaps, including next steps and action items. Track planned vs. actual key achievements, project scope & staffing. Ensure all required mechanicals are built and fully approved on time. Consistently reevaluate workflow and processes for efficiencies.
Education & Experience
A Bachelor's degree or equivalent is preferred.