- Date Posted:
Department of Food Service
- Closing Date:
Civil Service Title: Senior Office Account Clerk
Salary/Pay Scale: $14.50/hour - $18.00/hour - TMST CO-6
Reports to: Director of Food Services
Work Year: 44 + weeks (Summer Work as Needed)
Hours: 7:30 a.m - 2:00 p.m.Monday-Friday (6.5 hours per day)
Current competitive status as a Senior Office Account Clerk or reachable on the competitive eligible list.
Graduation from high school or possession of an equivalency diploma, plus EITHER:
(A) Two (2) years of paid full-time or its part-time equivalent work experience in account keeping, bookkeeping, or financial record keeping; OR,
(B) Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with an Associate's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or closely related field, plus one (1) year pf work experience as described in (A); OR,
(C) Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or closely related field,; OR,
(D) An Equivalent combination of education and experience as defined by the limits of (A), (B), an (C).
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Applications, WinCap and general computer applications;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to manage high work volume and meet deadlines;
- Working Knowledge of office terminology, procedures, and equipment;
- Ability to make arithmetic computation rapidy and accurately;
- Clerical accuracy, neatness, confidentiality, flexibility, and strong organizational skills;
- Excellent problem solving skills.
Duties to Include the Following:
- Acts as main communication link between school buildings an food service office;
- Processes and maintains Food Service's bi-weekly payroll and attendance records;
- Reviews and verifies accuracy of invoices prior to submittal to Accounts Payable;
- Processes and maintains Human Resources paperwork for Food Service employees;
- Develops and maintains Food Service food and supplies order forms;
- Works directly with distributors/vendors to resolve pricing & delivery issues;
- Assist with cash counting and daily deposit;
- Assist director with appointments, correspondence, filing anf other related duties;
- Assist with Free and Reduced information and applications processing;
- Perform additional related duties as assigned.
All new employees must be fingerprinted and cleared for employment through the NYS Education Department before employment begins.