App Curation Editor - App Store
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Jan 12, 2022
Role Number: 200330323
The App Store is the world's safest and most vibrant app marketplace, serving more than half a billion people each week. Since the App Store launched in 2008, it has helped creators, dreamers, and learners of all ages and backgrounds connect with the tools and information they need to build a brighter future and a better world. It has enabled countless new companies, spawned new industries and created millions of jobs. A significant driver of the global economy, the App Store facilitated $643 billion in commerce in 2020 alone, rewarding developers and entrepreneurs for their hard work and creativity. And we believe we're just getting started. We are looking for a highly motivated and detail-driven apps expert with top-notch communication and collaboration skills to help support a variety of consumer-focused app categories across platforms. Bring both your professional expertise and personal passions to the App Store Editorial team!
- Passion and curiosity for apps and technology
- Expertise and proficiency in evaluating apps and in-app content of a variety of categories
- Experience working in a high-energy editorial environment subject to tight deadlines and quick turnarounds
- Experience working with content management systems (CMS) and/or proven ability to learn and troubleshoot complex software. (Does not require knowledge of coding.)
- Excellent understanding of the depth and breadth of software, preferably for iOS, iPadOS, macOS, and watchOS. Familiarity with UI/UX design principles and best practices a plus
- Track record of partnership and collaboration with cross-functional teams of business management, marketing, product, production, design, etc.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize competing tasks, and solve complex issues in creative and effective ways
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills and proficiency in Keynote
- 6+ years related work experience in editorial, marketing, or project management
The Apps Curation Editor will work within a team of app experts to identify, test, curate, and program new app releases, major updates, compelling content, and innovative technical features to make sure our customers know the coolest things happening with apps at all times. Working cross-functionally with the broader App Store business, marketing, and production teams, this editor will track third-party developer roadmaps, organize upcoming priorities, and perform all the behind-the-scenes magic to help serve up great customer experiences on the App Store. A successful candidate will have and eye for design and familiarity creating informative and persuasive presentations in Keynote. Experience working with and presenting data a plus. Comfort presenting to both peers and senior leaders is a must. Crucial to this role is the ability to think globally. The Apps Curation Editor will work with teams across multiple countries, timezones, and dependencies. An ability to work on high-pressure projects with extremely tight deadlines is a must. This role is for someone with a proven track record of cross-functional teamwork, exercises the highest levels of professionalism and confidentiality, and operates with urgency, but without a sense of panic. You should have the ability to hit the ground running and be familiar with the speed at which editorial organizations work.
Education & Experience
BA/BS preferred, or equivalent work experience