Position Available: Wings Airways President
Wings Airways is seeking an experienced, talented, and inspirational leader, with a proven record of success, to become the next President of the organization.
Wings Airways is the leading provider of summer seasonal floatplane flightseeing tours over the glaciers of the Juneau Icefield. We operate a fleet of five deHavilland Otters, based out of the Juneau Airport, with daily tour flights departing off of Juneau’s downtown waterfront. Wings Airways specializes in two distinct glacier flightseeing tours, one including an exclusive partnership with the legendary Taku Glacier Lodge.
Wings Airways has been built on nearly 40 years of passion and pride for both aviation and the sharing of our corner of Alaska with visitors from around the world. Company culture focuses on safety, excellent customer service, and the importance of every employee on the team. Our longstanding brand reputation has been earned and we strive to continue that success far into the future. The President reports directly to the Board of Directors who will be providing support and guidance to the role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are seeking an individual who has the ability to perform essential duties with a high degree of competency, organization and efficiency. Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide overall leadership and management of the Wings Airways team.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with aviation industry representatives.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with tourism industry representatives.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with cruise industry representatives.
• Manage relationships with all partners and stakeholders.
• Develop and recommend to the Board clear vision, direction and strategy.
• Develop and recommend the annual operation budget and strategic/business plans for Board approval.
• Assess risks and develop appropriate risk management plans while
ensuring FAA compliance/control needs are met in a manner consistent with good business practices.
• Initiate and lead potential growth opportunities.
• Serve as the Company's chief spokesperson.
• Represent the Organization at local, statewide, and industrywide events.
• Follow all company policies and act as a role model in the adherence to policies.
• Other duties as required.
Specific requirements include but are not limited to:
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities, & Experience:
• A deep understanding of the business as it applies to aviation operations.
• Knowledge of aviation regulatory environment.
• Knowledge of tourism/cruise tourism.
• Ability to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of a small team.
• Experience in the development of budgets and management of financial performance.
• Ability to assess risks and solve problems with tact, diplomacy and good judgment.
• Strong, proven leadership skills amongst staff and management; ability to engage effectively with all levels of professionals.
• Excellent communication skills including public speaking, writing, active listening, and synthesizing information from diverse sources.
• Ability to efficiently manage time, meet schedules/deadlines and handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
• Skilled in strategic planning and business and market development.
• Experience managing a brand – including brand development, implementation, analysis.
• Executive team, Board, community and volunteer experience.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, virtual communication sources. Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team as well as independently.
A University degree or equivalent experience, in Business Administration, Aviation or related field preferred.
Compensation commensurate with experience includes salary, bonus structure, health insurance and 401(k). The ideal candidate will develop great passion for the uniqueness of the Wings Airways product and operation
and will lead our team with a respectful, constructive, and energetic style.
If you are interested in exploring this exciting professional opportunity please contact Holly Johnson, outgoing
Wings Airways President: